• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera finally getting exposed

NAS

53 minutes ago, Varking said:

He’s not and never has been a good NFL head coach. He’s just a good guy. As the tweet points out, he’s coached for like 12-15 seasons now and only has three years above .500. That’s really really terrible. 

Coached this team to 15-1 season and Super Bowl that we should have won.

I guess I must be crazy to appreciate that 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 6

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Only 3 seasons about 500 isn’t even mid. He sucks as a HC.

Rum gone don’t understand this league…he wants a Super Bowl champ or you suck ass.

It takes time to build a team…dude.  I guess you are perfect and win everything you do in life but we all need to catch up

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 3

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

You must be for thinking it went down that way. 

Cam put this team on his back and dragged it all the way to the finish line that year in spite of the coaches. Not only that, but they couldn't even put together an original game plan for the Super Bowl!!

Cam made Ron Rivera relevant, not the other way around. He would have been fired 2 seasons into his stint here if it wasn't for Cam making poo happen out of nothing on his own. 

Ron is probably a great guy, but he has been and always will be a terrible coach.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

I’m no Rivera fan. Well, I respect him as a DC and ex player, but am no fan of modern Rivera. And he gives me the vibe of a halfway house counselor anymore.

But maybe he doesn’t want to do that again. He didn’t bring Cam in up there and could have. 

edit: and also we know they have issues there whether Ron addresses them or not. And it is lying season anyway. Who knows. 

Edited by stratocatter

2 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

You must be for thinking it went down that way. 

Cam put this team on his back and dragged it all the way to the finish line that year in spite of the coaches. Not only that, but they couldn't even put together an original game plan for the Super Bowl!!

Cam made Ron Rivera relevant, not the other way around. He would have been fired 2 seasons into his stint here if it wasn't for Cam making poo happen out of nothing on his own. 

Ron is probably a great guy, but he has been and always will be a terrible coach.

John Candy No GIF by Laff

• Poo 1

In 2015 I was still saying he should be fired when we were 10-0, 11-0, 12-0, etc.

It felt like we kept winning in spite of him, not because of him and felt like it was going to catch up with us, which it did in the SB when he couldn't adjust game plans mid game like a SB winning coach needs to do.

He's an amazing person and probably one of the better Monday to Saturday coaches there is, his players love him and will run through a wall for him.

But he's just one of the worst game day coaches I've ever seen, terrible at time/game management, time out usage, challenge usage, player usage, everything.  He built a reputation on the Riverboat Ron stuff, when they were clear and obvious decisions that any coach in the same situation would have been making, if it weren't for those 3 or 4 plays, he currently a HC in this league.

If he wants to continue coaching after this season when he gets fired, he'll make for an outstanding DC somewhere, but he shouldn't be the man in charge.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

39 minutes ago, Shocker said:

You can appreciate one magical run while acknowledging the rest of his tenure was pretty mid. He was bad, man. And he’s not been good since. He has 3 seasons with a winning record in 12 years coached. That’s dreadful. 

• Pie 5

27 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If any Panther fan isn’t happy with a coach finishing at 15-1 and a close Super Bowl loss I can’t really help you.  Seek therapy 

You’re allowing one season cloud your judgement of his body of work. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Shocker said:

The only reason that happened is because he had Cam God Newton and the greatest MLB of all time. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2