• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are smaller players more injury-prone?

MHS831

2 hours ago, Beast_3000 said:

Did you look at the physics article on force on a smaller object above ? That’s the baseline. Physics. A Yukon hitting a Prius vs a Yukon hitting an Explorer. Other than that there is nothing to predict what will happen to hTe at 190 pounds. 

That's what's so cool about science. There's no one correct answer.

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

But where is that line? At what point is it not a problem or at least an acceptable problem.

That's what no one is saying. Where's that line where it's too much of an issue?

You are asking an unanswerable question. You are asking a math question, when you should be asking a mental question. Knowing Young is probably going to get hurt at some point. How comfortable are you with that risk? There's your line. You're welcome.

If you have concerns about Youngs' health. Draft Stroud. 

If you don't have concerns with Youngs health. Well first off, you're an idiot. But mainly, go ahead and draft him. 

I got 99 problems, but my QBs health ain't one of them. Cuz I took Stroud.

9 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

You are asking an unanswerable question. You are asking a math question, when you should be asking a mental question. Knowing Young is probably going to get hurt at some point. How comfortable are you with that risk? There's your line. You're welcome.

If you don't have concerns with Youngs health. Well first off, you're an idiot. But mainly, go ahead and draft him. 

The Invincible CJ Stroud everyone.

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

So I'm an idiot. 

I'm not anymore worried about Young getting hit than I am any other because I know bad hits can happen to anyone. Again, it doesn't matter how big you are if you get hit in just wrong way at the wrong spot in the wrong moment. 

And you may take Stroud, but your team might be picking Young. 

• Flames 1

And every player is going to get hurt at some point.....every player is always at risk of a season or career ending injury at some point either by contact or a non-contact injury and there is absolutely no way to predict who it is or when it is. 

So draft nobody.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

So I'm an idiot. 

I'm not anymore worried about Young getting hit than I am any other because I know bad hits can happen to anyone. Again, it doesn't matter how big you are if you get hit in just wrong way at the wrong spot in the wrong moment. 

And you may take Stroud, but your team might be picking Young. 

I thought it was obvious I was having fun. But obviously I was wrong.

You were asking for a line. I gave you one. Sorry I didn't solve your dilemma.

Tough crowd.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But he does run. That's part of my concern. A big part of his game is scrambling around buying time and getting himself into throwing lanes. That tends to lead to more hits. He's similar to Mahomes in that regard. He rarely runs for rushing yardage but he does plenty of scrambling around behind the LOS.

In 2021 he was playing within the pocket a lot more because of his weapons.

in 2022 Bryce scrambled more out of necessity due to less weapons than 2021.

A bit like CJ scrambled more vs UGA?because he played a better defense than he faced his whole career…

I think many ppl only watched 2022 & made up their minds that he is not a pocket passer. He does both! 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Bryce Young will not be shortest starting QB in the league at 5ft 10 1/2.

Kylar Murray will still have the honor of being the shortest at 5 ft 10 1/8.

Russel Wilson is  5 ft 10 5/8.  Wilson is not known for being injury plagued and has 2SB trips and a ring.

That 1/8 of an inch isn't going to get Bryce hurt or stop him from taking us to the promised land.

As for weight and muscle, he can put it on.  CMC did.  Of course CMC had all his injuries AFTER he bulked up.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

In 2021 he was playing within the pocket a lot more because of his weapons.

in 2022 Bryce scrambled more out of necessity due to less weapons than 2021.

A bit like CJ scrambled more vs UGA?because he played a better defense than he faced his whole career…

I think many ppl only watched 2022 & made up their minds that he is not a pocket passer. He does both! 

Where did I say he wasn't a pocket passer? I said that scrambling is a big part of his game. Because it is.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Where did I say he wasn't a pocket passer? I said that scrambling is a big part of his game. Because it is.

Didn’t say u said that. I said many ppl.

u have been moderate in these debates so my responses are not directed at u specifically, just general perceptions by many huddlers.