• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton: Panthers leaning toward Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I've often wondered how long it would take me to fully buy in if we announced Levis with the number one pick. I think I'd probably convert within the week but it would be a rough one.

If Levis was the pick, I'll take the same stance with him I'll do with the rest, which is hope for the best while waiting to see what happens. One thing to add to that is the first 3-4 games don't mean a thing. Just look back to when Darnold led the Panthers to 3-0 under Rhule before it all collapsed for proof.

18 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I dont see how you figure that. Stroud has the stronger arm and is probably just as fast as BY. The only thing you can really say BY is better at is his brain, but Stroud is not a slouch in that department either. 

What can you do though, its David Newton just be happy he got everyone's name right, IDK how this ass clown still has a job. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

I just made and anology I honestly didn’t know it was a manhood test when I did it.. 

I apologize to my football forum bro’s for liking Vampires and Werewolves flicks.. 

I’m close to fifty and still love reading fantasy books, it’s my go to. The Order of the Sanguines by James Rollins is the best I’ve read in a while. But I’m a Rollins fan in general. Still consider the Hobit an all timer. 

1 hour ago, stan786 said:

I've often wondered how long it would take me to fully buy in if we announced Levis with the number one pick. I think I'd probably convert within the week but it would be a rough one.

Same here. I'd try my hardest to get on board but it wouldn't be easy.

With Young or Stroud, I'm all "giddyup!" With Richardson, I'd buy in but I'd have my fingers crossed and be a bit nervous. 

With Levis....

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

I dont see how you figure that. Stroud has the stronger arm and is probably just as fast as BY. The only thing you can really say BY is better at is his brain, but Stroud is not a slouch in that department either. 

What can you do though, its David Newton just be happy he got everyone's name right, IDK how this ass clown still has a job. 

Newton isnt paying attention. There are a lot of people who have said that Stroud is the best pocket passer and most accurate...and he has a stronger arm. 

• Flames 1

PFF, Draft Buzz, Sports News, ESPN,Walter Football, CBS Sports, NFL.com, and SI.com all have Bryce Young as their #1.  Most of the analysts I have heard have said Bryce was the best QB in the class.

There are some analysts and big boards out there saying Stroud is #1,  it just doesn't appear to be as many.

If we pass on the true #1 QB for a slower, taller one, and Young tears up in Houston while our guy is getting sacked  staring down his #1, we are going to regret  just as much we would if Young gets hurt.  It is unlikely that both of them are going to be hits.  The more likely hit is Young.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, poundaway said:

PFF, Draft Buzz, Sports News, ESPN,Walter Football, CBS Sports, NFL.com, and SI.com all have Bryce Young as their #1.  Most of the analysts I have heard have said Bryce was the best QB in the class.

There are some analysts and big boards out there saying Stroud is #1,  it just doesn't appear to be as many.

If we pass on the true #1 QB for a slower, taller one, and Young tears up in Houston while our guy is getting sacked  staring down his #1, we are going to regret  just as much we would if Young gets hurt.  It is unlikely that both of them are going to be hits.  The more likely hit is Young.

Im afraid some people are just choosing Stroud because of the height factor myself included.

But if you ignore the size you can honestly say Bryce Young is simply the best QB in this draft. His film backs it up.

Like I said im honestly fine with either of the 3 QB's Young/Stroud/AR. But if you told me who is the best of the bunch right now im choosing Bryce Young.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

All opinions and hearsay with no evidence Young will be our pick. Nobody will know until draft day.