• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young under Center

Calboyz13

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

If he was the clear cut best there would be no debate on if he was going to be the top pick in the draft or not. Stroud wouldn’t be in the running. He was advised not to throw or run drills because he would come across as less athletic than a bunch of the guys and his arm would look lesser compared to Stroud, Richardson, Levis, Bennett, etc. 

He doesn’t have that dawg in him. 

You must not have watched one single Alabama game over the past 2 years to say Bryce Young does not have that dawg in him. Dude is cold blooded and will stomp on your neck in an actual game.

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 2

Just now, Varking said:

If he was the clear cut best there would be no debate on if he was going to be the top pick in the draft or not. Stroud wouldn’t be in the running. He was advised not to throw or run drills because he would come across as less athletic than a bunch of the guys and his arm would look lesser compared to Stroud, Richardson, Levis, Bennett, etc. 

He doesn’t have that dawg in him. 

Anyone who is being honest will acknowledge that Young's frame is the reason why he isn't the consensus number one. If he were 25 pounds heavier, there would be no question, and no credible debate.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Anyone who is being honest will acknowledge that Young's frame is the reason why he isn't the consensus number one. If he were 25 pounds heavier, there would be no question, and no credible debate.

Caleb Williams is 3 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier and plays the same type of game as young.   And he is going to make teams lose their minds in the next draft.   

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

You must not have watched one single Alabama game over the past 2 years to say Bryce Young does not have that dawg in him. Dude is cold blooded and will stomp on your neck in an actual game.

I’d put money on me watching significantly more college football than the overwhelming majority of the board here. There’s a difference between being super talented and having that dawg in you. I don’t believe he has it in him. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Caleb Williams is 3 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier and plays the same type of game as young.   And he is going to make teams lose their minds in the next draft.   

Williams, while having better size, also possesses a better arm and legs. He’s just kind of a jerk.

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah, there's nothing about his mentality that I question. All of my questions come down to his physical traits. He's well below ideal size and his arm is honestly NFL average.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Williams, while having better size, also possesses a better arm and legs. He’s just kind of a jerk.

My big concern with Williams as an NFL prospect is his processing speed. He would've had one of the slowest average times to throw in the NFL last year. If he can't speed up he probably won't translate.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He's impressive. I was actually looking at the OU game where he got his start (coming in and moving the ball when Rattler couldn't). I thought that he'd be legit from them on. He hasn't disappointed.

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’d put money on me watching significantly more college football than the overwhelming majority of the board here. There’s a difference between being super talented and having that dawg in you. I don’t believe he has it in him. 

I dont really get how you could think that with his performance in game tying/winning situations throughout his career, guy almost always found a way to get it done other than that A&M game in 21 and the National Title game where he played well enough to win, but the team just didnt have it that day.

He got his team in field goal range in that Tennessee game and scored the last time he saw the ball in the LSU loss last year.

Edited by stan786

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

Kind of hard to say that about a Heisman winner. I've heard multiple players and coaches say the exact opposite. But, you have a right to your opinion.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I dont really get how you could think that with his performance in game tying/winning situations throughout his career, guy almost always found a way to get it done other than that A&M game in 21 and the National Title game where he played well enough to win, but the team just didnt have it that day.

He got his team in field goal range in that Tennessee game and scored the last time he saw the ball in the LSU loss last year.

I think there’s a difference between being very talented and playing on a talented team vs having that dawg in you. I don’t believe any of the top 4 QBs in this class have that dawg in them. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1