• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young under Center

Calboyz13

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Stroud's last game he did what everyone wanted to see him do so not much to it. If he looks close to that week in and week out that's a franchise qb

Yeah that Georgia game was great. I do get a lot of this comes down to how much do you believe that’s the future Stroud. I guess my one issue with that is I can point to single game Young tape I find just as Incredible, but that doesn’t seem to give him a pass in here on any of his flaws. 

It’s a team message board I can’t expect unbiased fairness, and I totally understand your POV on Georgia was enough. Just more wanted to comment on it since Bryce fans keep getting called out for thinking he’d perfect when I just feel a lot of them have admitted his shortcomings(lol).

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I think there’s a ton of hyperbole on both sides right now it makes it a bit difficult. But also I’m so antsy about this pick I can’t not talk about it lmao.

Hahaha, I’m the same way. I tell myself to step away, but then I get pulled back in.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Stroud's last game he did what everyone wanted to see him do so not much to it. If he looks close to that week in and week out that's a franchise qb

Mostly the pocket movement stuff that he didn't really show before, accuracy while throwing to his left when rolling out, perhaps going through full reads but theres enough footage showing him being able to scan the field for me to be comfortable he can do it

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Mostly the pocket movement stuff that he didn't really show before, accuracy while throwing to his left when rolling out, perhaps going through full reads but theres enough footage showing him being able to scan the field for me to be comfortable he can do it

I found it interesting he struggled throwing left again in his pro day, specifically rolling out. I totally see why his arm would have his fans entranced it is gorgeous. There really were not a lot of flaws in that Georgia game. 

33 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Yeah that Georgia game was great. I do get a lot of this comes down to how much do you believe that’s the future Stroud. I guess my one issue with that is I can point to single game Young tape I find just as Incredible, but that doesn’t seem to give him a pass in here on any of his flaws. 

It’s a team message board I can’t expect unbiased fairness, and I totally understand your POV on Georgia was enough. Just more wanted to comment on it since Bryce fans keep getting called out for thinking he’d perfect when I just feel a lot of them have admitted his shortcomings(lol).

I've been planning on watching some Bryce stuff tonight and tmrw. Curious to know what his consensus best game was. I'll definitely watch the Georgia game since that's the closest you can get to comparing the two back to back even though GA had a lot of turnover between seasons

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I've been planning on watching some Bryce stuff tonight and tmrw. Curious to know what his consensus best game was. I'll definitely watch the Georgia game since that's the closest you can get to comparing the two back to back even though GA had a lot of turnover between seasons

I think his first Georgia game was impressive, I think his second Georgia game still wasn’t bad even though the result was a lot different.

This year the Tennessee game coming off that shoulder injury was a good one, I thought he was pretty impressive against Kansas State as well.

The Texas game and LSU game this year are probably good ones if you want to see the downsides 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, joemac said:

How tf do you equate Corral and Cam lmao? Yes - Cam is and was a damn bulldog. But Corral?! Wtf did he ever do to put him on the same level as Cam, and above Young, Stroud etc?

It’s just in terms of having that dawg, that killer instinct inside of them. It has nothing to do with being better than another player. I don’t think Trevor Lawrence has any dawg in him either but I think he’s going to be good. Go watch MC at Ole Miss. Dude went out of his way to try to stomp on the necks of his opponents, run through them, run over them. He played like he wanted to make them quit. You think there’s any kids in this class like that? 

They’re too nice. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

It’s just in terms of having that dawg, that killer instinct inside of them. It has nothing to do with being better than another player. I don’t think Trevor Lawrence has any dawg in him either but I think he’s going to be good. Go watch MC at Ole Miss. Dude went out of his way to try to stomp on the necks of his opponents, run through them, run over them. He played like he wanted to make them quit. You think there’s any kids in this class like that? 

They’re too nice. 

I think Levis would be that if he could tbh, he just is never up enough to stomp. 

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I don’t think Trevor Lawrence has any dawg in him either but I think he’s going to be good. 

I would've agreed with you in college. But he sure showed it against the Chargers in the 2nd half of that playoffs game. Dude played one of the worst halves of football I've ever seen a QB play at any level in the 1st half and bounced back to win. Sure, it was heavily aided by the Chargers going soft as fug both offensively and defensively, but still. To keep your head about you and bounce back after a half as atrocious as his 1st half... I was impressed. And I've never been big on Lawrence. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

Since you're making the claims. Prove it. No guy you mentioned had the strongest of arms. Not one. To say that Bryce Young does not have an arm as strong as them is simply just talk. His arm is in the same class as theirs.

I have watched him get a running start to make deep throws, make throws on his tippy toes, and throw off his back foot a lot. He doesnt have a weak arm, but to say he is on the level of others when its clearly no way effortless for him is just crazy. The proof is right there in the film. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I have watched him get a running start to make deep throws, make throws on his tippy toes, and throw off his back foot a lot. He doesnt have a weak arm, but to say he is on the level of others when its clearly no way effortless for him is just crazy. The proof is right there in the film. 

I really can't see why anyone would love his arm talent. I'm watching a bunch of tape right now and he just seems like a game manager to me. Like a Teddy B who can/will/needs to scramble to find a throw. CJ can carve people up from anywhere, just seems like it would translate to the NFL better to me

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would've agreed with you in college. But he sure showed it against the Chargers in the 2nd half of that playoffs game. Dude played one of the worst halves of football I've ever seen a QB play at any level in the 1st half and bounced back to win. Sure, it was heavily aided by the Chargers going soft as fug both offensively and defensively, but still. To keep your head about you and bounce back after a half as atrocious as his 1st half... I was impressed. And I've never been big on Lawrence. 

My concern with Lawrence is longevity I guess. I watched him like this in college too. His sophomore year he put the team on his back against OSU in a bowl game and then the next year it felt like Justin Fields took a big hit and then he took over and the moment Fields starting running it up it felt like you could feel the air leave Lawrence. 

I am a Lawrence fan but I just need to see him do it for a bit longer.