• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young under Center

Calboyz13

17 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

What do you see as each of the prospect floors and ceilings (Bryce, Stroud, and Richardson)? I ask because you're a poster that may have a preference for one of them, but it wouldn't be doomsday if they go with someone else. 

Personally I have it
1. Stroud
Floor: I think at min he's around a Jared Goff (He's got a really nice floor imo) who I think has similar accuracy pluses but falls apart when pressed with pressure, he's someone that can win early but once hes in his second contract and the talent levels drop a bit around him he may struggle to be the guy.

Ceiling: Burrow without the It factor. I think he can be a top 10 QB, I think Burrow has that It factor I dont personally see with Stroud, and Burrow out of structure is at a level I dont personally think Stroud can get to. But in the pocket I think Stroud could easily rival burrow. Would put him over a Cousins and right above a Dak in my mind in todays rankings.

2. Young
Floor: Career backup, if things go the way some think and injuries hamper him early I think he ends up a guy that teams love as a backup for his mind and his ability to play high levels in short spurts. I understand the fear of this scenario, I dont see it as likely myself but I know a lot do.

Celing: I think his ceiling is a top 5 QB in the mold of Drew Brees. Ideally he learns to perfect his pocket movement he does at a high level by reducing the amount he is doing the long form scramble escapes I can admit could be an issue. Brees moved really well in the pocket and developed a great balance of moving when he needed to but also getting the ball out, I think Bryce works really nice in the pocket and as he matures he'll understand situation and risk factors better and better. I'd argue his arm should get a little better in the pros and if he avoids injury like I think he can he has the It factor to be special in terms of improvisation and making the plays he need when it matters. Hes someone I think constantly got better the further the game went especially when his team needed points and I dont think thats something you can teach.

3. Richardson
Floor: A short frustrating career where he doesnt develop consistent mechanics when throwing the ball and his inaccuracy keeps him from ever getting where he needs to go. Has the athleticism to do a position swap if needed but I dont want to sell him short.

Ceiling: QB1, he already has top end pocket presence and movement imo, he's got elite athleticism that will force teams to account for him on the run which will help get guys open. If he can clean up his mechanics and make them more consistent he's going to be impossible to defend for a decade or more. I would argue he does a lot of the high level things QBs need to do already, I just wonder if he can put it together. I do think he's going to have to grow a bit as an Alpha QB1, hes a bit reserved and I think thats what separates him from a Cam right now. I think he has the personality and the brain to 100% grow into that role to be a great leader.

I will be very happy if its any of the three, I think i'm most nervous about Richardson but I see the picture. I think Bryce has the ability to be a long term winner in this league, and I think if we draft Stroud i'll at least know he'll be a top 15 if not top 10 QB almost guaranteed.

Edited by stan786
  • Pie 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

If we draft Stroud I am on board 100%

If we draft Bryce I am on board 100%

If we draft AR I am on board 100%

I will just finally be elated that we actually drafted someone to develop

Amen. For all the poo talked in here, I think the majority are going to be in this boat. Give me a guy and I'm going to go in 100% for him, I'm excited to have that opportunity.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

AR scares me--I see boom/bust all over him---but if we draft him, he's ours and we have to be all in.  Good attitude.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This. It's past time for us to actually fully commit to a QB. Tossing in second and third tier vets while primarily focusing on building a D produced the results on offense one would expect out of that approach.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Been saying this for the last month.

Good to see other people on board.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

One of cube's best known tracks but not some of his best work IMO.

I suppose I am listening to the wrong radio station.  I do not own this 8 track either.

Edited by MHS831