• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which QB Best Fits Reichs RPO Style Offense?

chknwing

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just telling the truth. I honestly doubt he's on our final roster.

I'm hoping he looks decent in camp and that we can trade him for something. No reason to dump him before the 53 man cut for nothing. Injuries could happen to us or another team anytime between now and then

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Clearly a lot of huddlers do not know what a fuging rpo is. Not surprised. 

I think Cam maybe muddied the waters for some casual football fans. The QB isn't the running option in the RPO! The RB is the running option because the O-line is run blocking! No one knows what the QB is going to decide, they just do their jobs which is why it throws defenses off. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Why would you cut him when we have 20 roster spots to fill to get to 90? Wait for an injury somewhere in the league before September and get something back

Because I think he's trash.

If we can get something back I guess we could keep him until then. I don't think he will bring back much though with no game film or reps from last year. Are teams going to look at his Ole Miss tape?

7 hours ago, chknwing said:

It should not be a surprise that Frank Reichs offense will heavily focus on the RPO.  Which of these QB's in the draft will fit that style the best?

also here is an easter bunny hopping for your enjoyment.

Easter Bunny GIF by Canticos World

CJ Stroud, quite clearly. Unless the RPO opens up some holes for Young to throw through, he's not only going to take the time to make his read but then he will be scrambling. It'll make for some interesting play but I'd really, really love to see a Panthers QB that just delivers strikes man. Drop it in the bucket, "time after time"

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Because I think he's trash.

If we can get something back I guess we could keep him until then. I don't think he will bring back much though with no game film or reps from last year. Are teams going to look at his Ole Miss tape?

He was injured before Rhule got fired. Numerous players looked much better after Rhule got fired. You need 4 Qb's for camp anyway, if we cut him for nothing we'd have to pick up some rando that has zero trade value. 

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

He was injured before Rhule got fired. Numerous players looked much better after Rhule got fired. You need 4 Qb's for camp anyway, if we cut him for nothing we'd have to pick up some rando that has zero trade value. 

I understand that, but I still don't think he will be any good in the NFL.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

CJ Stroud, quite clearly. Unless the RPO opens up some holes for Young to throw through, he's not only going to take the time to make his read but then he will be scrambling. It'll make for some interesting play but I'd really, really love to see a Panthers QB that just delivers strikes man. Drop it in the bucket, "time after time"

Young drops back so far because he can't see anything in a normal pocket, and he needs distance from the D-line to not get his throws batted down. He's done RPO's but it's like inches away from the DE getting a hand on it at the college level at times

• Pie 2