• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which QB Best Fits Reichs RPO Style Offense?

chknwing

3 minutes ago, SameDamnThing said:

Why should it not be a surprise? He’s opted for Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers the past two seasons. Doesn’t scream RPO to me. He seems to value efficiency and arm more than legs. 

Luck had his second highest ypg, highest completion % and lowest rushing totals of his career in Reich.  Pretty clear he favors a straight pocket passer that can move if necessary 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Also why are people assuming RPO involves the QB running? It's usually a hand off/one read pass option

Bingo.

Watch UNC's offense at the college level to see a classic RPO offense. The majority of RPO plays is the QB reading the defense at the mesh point with the RB before deciding to let the RB keep it or pull it and throw.

• Beer 3

16 minutes ago, Martin said:

A lot of people downplay Strouds processing and understanding of the game, not sure why?

I dont think they downplay it as much as saying that Young is elite at it.  Stroud's processing can also be a little scary because outside of the GA game he wasnt nearly as good at processing if the play broke down or if his early read wasnt there.  I dont think hes slow at processing, i just think its one of Young's main strengths.

• Pie 3