• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

I mean they may would like too.

but if Bryce is our QB1, why would we trade off?

If Young is the QB the coaching and front office want, I would have to say it would be foolish with Stroud on the board.  If teams around the league (including the Panthers) closely relate these two guys in terms of future success, you have to take the one who's more prototypical.  Even if Young is the better guy, he is only SLIGHTLY better.

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Key word is IF.  Maybe whatever info that’s leaking that we like Bryce over Stroud, their people who were at the pro days and everything has that’s same info and hunch as well too.

It's still a hunch, though.

For someone to know that it's leaning one way or another, they'd have to have regular insight info of the discussions going on in the building.

I don't know if anybody has that much access.

(at least not anyone in the outside media)

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

For someone to know that it's leaning one way or another, they'd have to have regular insight info of the discussions going on in the building.

Ive said for days now its simply foolish to think that anyone knows that the Texans are in love with young as people here are implying.   If they were in love with young they would have made the trade

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

where have you read they only want young?

It was two weeks ago when supposed Texas insiders said if they don't draft Young they may skip QB in the first round. Of course it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff these days. I have read other things including they would be fine with Young or Stroud.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It’s a big enough “Hunch” to cause a very drastic sway in the betting lines.  And where almost all the reporters and “insiders” lining up saying the same thing.  Even the beat reporters for the team hinting at it.

Edited by ncfan

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You do if you're equally happy with two quarterbacks and can get decent compensation.

The question is what is decent compensation?

I just don't think a 2nd is worth it.   The gap (whether height or pressured play) is just too big between the two for my tastes.  We gave up a second, next year's 1st and DJ.  The position is just too important.

For me, it would take next years  1st and there is no way Houston is going to do  that.

We should just take the best QB.

If you give the edge to someone.

you like that guy more.

I get that which is what it's not an even swap.  If you think both QBs can become great NFL QBs and one comes with another pick or two then it makes sense in my head to listen to that offer.  I don't see it happening anyway, but it's not some crazy thought.  

It’s a big enough to cause a very drastic sway in the betting lines.  And where almost all the reporters and “insiders” lining up saying the same thing.  Even the beat reporters for the team hinting at it.

Yep, a sudden wave of info...almost as if it was intentionally done. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ive said for days now its simply foolish to think that anyone knows that the Texans are in love with young as people here are implying.   If they were in love with young they would have made the trade

They tried to trade.  If they didn't care who they got, why would they try to trade one spot?

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

where have you read they only want young?

There was some speculation from Peter King yesterday that if they missed out on Young they could skip drafting a QB at 2 and use their other 1st rounder and 2nd rounder to move up and pick a QB.

Just now, ncfan said:

It’s a big enough to cause a very drastic sway in the betting lines.  And where almost all the reporters and “insiders” lining up saying the same thing.  Even the beat reporters for the team hinting at it.

Betting lines honestly don't mean sh-t to me. Betting lines have had our last two coaching hires being Jim Harbaugh or Sean Payton.

I do take the beat reporters and the insiders seriously, but what they ultimately have is still just educated guessing.

More educated than us, but still guessing.