• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

On 4/12/2023 at 3:25 PM, Lame Duck said:

NFL models projected Young to go bust.  The reason: Young takes very deep drop back to see over the line but he does not have a quick release and need to step into his throws to generate power/zip.  With blitzes and against heavy pass rush, he projected to struggle big time.  With NFL being much faster and physical than college, he projected to be hit early and often.  NFL has removed model results from their website about a week ago.  The analysis said for Young to be successful in NFL, requires team to have top Offensive Tackles tandem from preventing EDGE and LBs to go around them.  Young had one of the best OL in college football the last 2 years.

Hey!  Nailed it lol

• Pie 5

Young seems like a good teammate and by all accounts might be an amazing QB in his mind. I’m rooting for him but the pick really reeks of Tepper wanting to go against the grain and put his stamp on the team as some genius outlier living vicariously through his outlier #1 pick. 

Stroud would have fit with Reich, he would have fit even better with the team Wilks was leading and molding us into. But alas we had to be dumbasses and outsmart ourselves. 

I want to see the Young that showed up against Green Bay for at least 10 games next year. Otherwise he is a bust.

Edited by OneBadCat

7 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Young seems like a good teammate and by all accounts might be an amazing QB in his mind. I’m rooting for him but the pick really reeks of Tepper wanting to go against the grain and put his stamp on the team as some genius outlier living vicariously through his outlier #1 pick. 

Stroud would have fit with Reich, he would have fit even better with the team Wilks was leading and molding us into. But alas we had to be dumbasses and outsmart ourselves. 

I want to see the Young that showed up against Green Bay for at least 10 games next year. Otherwise he is a bust.

I have said this a lot…Bryce Young doesn’t have bust traits.  Leadership, character, desire to be great, background, proven production in the highest stages and amazing talent.  Lot of people here think otherwise but Bryce can be great.  

The team and coaching around him has to improve or he won’t reach that potential 

• Poo 3