• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

13 hours ago, lightsout said:

Stroud just has the look on tape of an NFL QB to me. I was never a big Russ fan because I felt like he relied on great d, great run game and sheer luck for most of his career and look at him now. I think Young is very much gonna be the same. Hope I'm wrong since that seems to be our pick, but Stroud seems like that dude.

You would enjoy the Locked on Panthers podcast that was posted today. The guest agrees, as i do as well. 

I will just go ahead and say what I have thought for a while.  CJ Stroud played from a Mr Clean pocket in every game he played outside of Georgia.  He had ridiculous weapons and an OL that let him sit back and be very comfortable.  He has a bust factor and isn’t nearly the finished product people are describing.

His team lost nearly all of his “show me” games.  He is going to struggle if he goes to a bad team.  He has never seen that scenario in his life

• Flames 3
  • Poo 3

10 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I will just go ahead and say what I have thought for a while.  CJ Stroud played from a Mr Clean pocket in every game he played outside of Georgia.  He had ridiculous weapons and an OL that let him sit back and be very comfortable.  He has a bust factor and isn’t nearly the finished product people are describing.

His team lost nearly all of his “show me” games.  He is going to struggle if he goes to a bad team.  He has never seen that scenario in his life

So you are saying Young is a god and Stroud is a 100% bust. Nice bias attack on Stroud

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

So you are saying Young is a god and Stroud is a 100% bust. Nice bias attack on Stroud

I calls em likes I sees em.  If Stroud goes to the Texans he will bust miserably.  If he can’t have a clean pocket he is going to struggle mightily 

• Beer 4
  • Poo 1

I personally don’t like how manufactured Stroud is with his game.  Everything was so well structured and made so easy for him.  If you remove the Georgia game he would be completely unproven.  

No one can convince me Young didn’t face higher competition week in and week out.  Young always played great regardless of the venue or stage.  Stroud did it 1 game and his team lost the game.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I personally don’t like how manufactured Stroud is with his game.  Everything was so well structured and made so easy for him.  If you remove the Georgia game he would be completely unproven.  

No one can convince me Young didn’t face higher competition week in and week out.  Young always played great regardless of the venue or stage.  Stroud did it 1 game and his team lost the game.

Talk that talk bro. BY9 til we expire

• Flames 3
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

He didn’t vs UM, twice ND 1st game last year and Penn state last year.. And They didn’t lose because of him.. 

Stroud will be good where ever he goes.. He isn’t a mental midget he has battled hard times most his life and he has stepped up his game in big game.. He has worked hard to have a flawless passing structure from his legs to his upper body.. He is tough can read defenses accurate as fug and rarely makes bad decisions or mistakes.. You call him structure because he has worked hard to make it look that way..

• Pie 8

10 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Stroud will be good where ever he goes.. He isn’t a mental midget he has battled hard times most his life and he has stepped up his game in big game.. He has worked hard to have a flawless passing structure from his legs to his upper body.. He is tough can read defenses accurate as fug and rarely makes bad decisions or mistakes.. You call him structure because he has worked hard to make it look that way..

He does make bad decisions. Fortunately for him, college defenses aren't pro defenses. So while he throws a pass into double coverage and the safety mistimes the break on the receiver for what would be a pick (maybe even a pick 6), he looks like he is making a great play. But throw that same ball on Sunday? Reality will hit hard. And I don't think he has shown that he knows how to adapt his game to veer too far off script. The Georgia game was the exception, but even then he left plays on the field. And he played as hard as he did in that game because it had real weight to it. But I don't see that as being a weekly effort.

He is robotic. And he plays the game like he is on auto pilot. He doesn't willingly or easily adapt to turbulence. 

Edited by XClown1986
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, XClown1986 said:

He does make bad decisions. Fortunately for him, college defenses aren't pro defenses. So while he throws a pass into double coverage and the safety mistimes the break on the receiver for what would be a pick (maybe even a pick 6), he looks like he is making a great play. But throw that same ball on Sunday? Reality will hit hard. And I don't think he has shown that he knows how to adapt his game to veer too far off script. The Georgia game was the exception, but even then he left plays on the field. And he played as hard as he did in that game because it had real weight to it. But I don't see that as being a weekly effort. 

12 ints in 2 years says you’re wrong.. 

2 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Ok. We'll see. The NFL isn't the Big 10. And Ohio State quarterbacks have continued to learn that the hard way.

Neither is SEC, ACc, PAC 20, MAC, Mountain west, Whatever Norte Dame is doing none are the NFL.. And I promise you IF Harrison JR was available “the nfl isn’t the big 10 wouldn’t come out your keyboard”.. 

Lastly if we’re doing the dumbass OState QB thing then where is QB U then.. Bama, Clemson, Texas tech, ??? Hell BiG blue got the greatest of all time as a graduate.. So Macarthy should definitely be a target right??

lmao

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Neither is SEC, ACc, PAC 20, MAC, Mountain west, Whatever Norte Dame is doing none are the NFL.. And I promise you IF Harrison JR was available “the nfl isn’t the big 10 wouldn’t come out your keyboard”.. 

Lastly if we’re doing the dumbass OState QB thing then where is QB U then.. Bama, Clemson, Texas tech, ??? Hell BiG blue got the greatest of all time as a graduate.. So Macarthy should definitely be a target right??

lmao

Easily ass hurt bro? Damn. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1