• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Bryce a #1 prospect if he didn’t go to Bama?

Wundrbread33

Is Bryce Young a #1 prospect if he didn’t go to Bama?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yay
    • Nay

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I think a big factor is the exposure. Everyone who watches college football is aware of who QB’s Alabama. They are televised. They play in big games. 

It certainly builds opinion. 

Had Josh Allen QB’d in the SEC he’s probably not dropping out of the top 5 players in the draft. 

There's so much exposure now with social media that while he may not have been on prime time as much, he wouldn't have gone unnoticed. Allen's big problem was accuracy. If he had played for Bama and still not been able to hit the broad side of a barn he would have still slid down in the draft. 

32 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Can someone ask the obvious question of “where does Stroud go if he’s not surrounded by 47382 first round wr and two of the top 4 tackles in this draft class”. No one asks this and it’s such a valid question.

#1 like Joe Burrow?

1 hour ago, csx said:

#1 like Joe Burrow?

With his weapons, Burrow produced the greatest college season. Won a Heisman, won a championship.

CJ…lost to his biggest rival in back 2 back years. No championships. No meaningful  individual accolades.

but hey, he beat Utah in a bowl once upon the time. Lmao

Edited by Ivory Panther
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

42 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

With his weapons, Burrow produced the greatest college season. Won a Heisman, won a championship.

CJ…lost to his biggest rival in back 2 back years. No championships. No meaningful  individual accolades.

but hey, he beat Utah in a bowl once upon the time. Lmao

Damn that was a textbook counterpoint. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Strouds Oline and WRs have been much more elite at Ohio State so I don’t get the argument 

Not an argument. Just a question. 

I’ve very much been worried about Stroud’s supporting cast as well. I’ve brought that up a lot when discussing Corral over the year. 

I guess at the end of the day, Young has physical deficiencies that Stroud doesn’t. For all we know, Stroud my have mental deficiencies that Young doesn’t. 

So I wonder if people think Young’s brain would have him in #1 discussion if he didn’t have the spotlight at Bama. Spotlight helps every player, including Stroud…but being so slight of frame, and having a “good enough” arm, his ceiling seems limited. 

I think Young is the perfect test if the saying “quarterback is 90% mental.”

And yes Young was a top recruit (like Clausen…I’m joking) but he’s a top recruit for college ball. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a top talent for the NFL. 

Time will tell of course. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, Billy Love said:

But Bryce Young did go to Alabama, and excelled.

Yes. But going to a top flight program and excelling doesn’t mean he’s an elite NFL prospect. It MAY mean that, but excelling as a QB at Alabama doesn’t by default mean that. 

If he’s our pick I’m 100% behind him and excited because I like him…I just have some worries. That’s all. 

And it’s not just Young…I don’t feel for any QB the way I felt for Cam in 2011. I would have been PISSED had we gone Locker or Gabbert.

This draft I’m kind of lukewarm about all these QB’s. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Not an argument. Just a question. 

I’ve very much been worried about Stroud’s supporting cast as well. I’ve brought that up a lot when discussing Corral over the year. 

I guess at the end of the day, Young has physical deficiencies that Stroud doesn’t. For all we know, Stroud my have mental deficiencies that Young doesn’t. 

So I wonder if people think Young’s brain would have him in #1 discussion if he didn’t have the spotlight at Bama. Spotlight helps every player, including Stroud…but being so slight of frame, and having a “good enough” arm, his ceiling seems limited. 

I think Young is the perfect test if the saying “quarterback is 90% mental.”

And yes Young was a top recruit (like Clausen…I’m joking) but he’s a top recruit for college ball. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a top talent for the NFL. 

Time will tell of course. 

@CamWhoaaCam 

Calling you out. What were you poo’ing? Just want a discussion. 

Edited by Wundrbread33