• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: Richardson still in the conversation...if we trade down

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If they think he is on the mahomes or luck level as some on here have suggested why in the world wouldnt they? 

Obviously he is not, but if he is the Panthers and the Texans far away number 1 for this year, you gotta pay for the luxury to make that decision.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

If you think Stroud (or AR) can be the man, you absolutely take that trade. I think the Panthers would ask for #12 or a future 1st, but more likely to get #33. 

I'm a believer in asking for the most ridiculous package you can as a start to negotiations 😄

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

2 of the top 3 have weaknesses you can potentially fix with good coaching

They would most definitely be coming to the best place for them to develop. I am really intrigued to see where CJ could go under this staff. He remains my favorite and I think he is the best fit. AR may wind up being the best of the bunch. 

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

Houston would have to win the superbowl to make it a worse pick than 33. I think the Panthers want a number 1 receiver next year, and thar doesn't exist this year.

I've always heard (and don't agree with it) that a future 1st holds less value.  A current 2nd could be viewed as equal to a future 1st.  It always takes more than just a future 1st to acquire even the last pick in the first because the value of time.  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I've always heard (and don't agree with it) that a future 1st holds less value.  A current 2nd could be viewed as equal to a future 1st.  It always takes more than just a future 1st to acquire even the last pick in the first because the value of time.  

This is true, but it comes down to what the Panthers value. Do they they want to recoup the 1st they lost next year or pick at 33. They already pick at 39, I think it's more likely that want their future capital back.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For the record, if a deal like this happens it might not be until the day of the draft, or maybe just a day or two before.

Heaven knows draft day drama is a pretty common thing.

Yeah, that is exactly when it will happen if it does. Heck, it may be when the Panthers are on the clock, though I imagine it would be earlier that day. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For the record, if a deal like this happens it might not be until the day of the draft, or maybe just a day or two before.

Heaven knows draft day drama is a pretty common thing.

This true, I think it's more likely to happen on draft day if at all. For the record, Albert Breer thinks a trade is highly unlikely, and he is not what I would call a bad or whimsical insider.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 1

Just now, Jaxel said:

This is true, but it comes down to what the Panthers value. Do they they want to recoup the 1st they lost next year or pick at 33. They already pick at 39, I think it's more likely that want their future capital back.

The only way they go future 1rst is if they value young as a superstar mahomes, trevor etc level talent.  And to date as you posted above they most certainly do not. 

Having said that if fitt can finagle a future first and come away with stroud or AR I will never say an ill word about him.   I just dont think things like that work in the nfl

4 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

You also have to think that HOU is not a QB away from being good in '23, so that future 1 is looking like a potential top-10 selection....maybe higher. 

That would be a nice ace to have in the back pocket if BY isn't "their guy". 

Edited by Soul Rebel

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The only way they go future 1rst is if they value young as a superstar mahomes, trevor etc level talent.  And to date as you posted above they most certainly do not. 

Having said that if fitt can finagle a future first and come away with stroud or AR I will never say an ill word about him.   I just dont think things like that work in the nfl

That's why I think a trade is unlikely. I think the Panthers and Texans view Young as QB1. The Panthers are happy to take him, but if the Texans want him bad enough to give up that 1 next year then it creates a conversation.

Edited by Jaxel

Just now, Jaxel said:

That's why I think a trade is unlikely. I think the Panthers and Texans view Young as QB1. The Panthers are happy to take them, but if the Texans want him bad enough to give up that 1 next year then it creates a conversation.

I agree.  If houston viewed young in the same category as a generational cant miss type I would have to assume they would have moved hell and earth to flip with the bears.  If they wanted 1 I have to assume the bears would have taken 2 and 11 and been happy about it