• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: Richardson still in the conversation...if we trade down

Mr. Scot

Person says the Panthers wouldn't be expected to take Richardson at #1, but could consider him a possible option If they traded down to #2 (which is apparently still on the table).

Joe still believes it will probably be Young or Stroud either way.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

If they trade down for Richardson after giving up Moore. Yikes…

Pretty much this. Give up your star receiver to get to 1 just to trade back and take a player you could've got at a spot where you wouldn't need to include your receiver in any trade. That's not happening.

• Pie 1

I am thinking like Scott Fitterer here, not MHS:  "Sure, I would take first rounders to give up on Young and take Stroud or AR---if you give me picks #2 and #12 this year--I would do it.  That is unlikely, so we are going with the guy who made us move up in March--Bryce"  And I do not think Ryans or the Texans would do it.  He is a defensive-minded coach and he does not see bringing in a QB to pilot a ship that is still under construction. (based on his recent presser).

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mage said:

I can’t believe the idea the Panthers will trade down is still being floated. You don’t trade for #1 to not make a pick there. Especially when to acquire #1, you had to trade your best offensive player. 

There is just no chance the Panthers are trading down.

That only depends on the compensation and who they get after the trade.

I don't think you can just say it's bad without knowing what it is.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Mage said:

I can’t believe the idea the Panthers will trade down is still being floated. You don’t trade for #1 to not make a pick there. Especially when to acquire #1, you had to trade your best offensive player. 

There is just no chance the Panthers are trading down.

Exactly. 0.0000% chance that we trade away a known commodity with the idea to turn around and move back down. it just isn't happening.

We traded up for Bryce Young and gave the other QBs a chance to make a case to be selected with the first overall pick - they didn't, so we're taking Bryce.

It's time to get on board the BY9 train.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am thinking like Scott Fitterer here, not MHS:  "Sure, I would take first rounders to give up on Young and take Stroud or AR---if you give me picks #2 and #12 this year--I would do it.  That is unlikely, so we are going with the guy who made us move up in March--Bryce"  And I do not think Ryans or the Texans would do it.  He is a defensive-minded coach and he does not see bringing in a QB to pilot a ship that is still under construction. (based on his recent presser).

Hopefully the Texans are firm on their Bryce or bust train and offer us something we can't refuse.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Exactly. 0.0000% chance that we trade away a known commodity with the idea to turn around and move back down. it just isn't happening.

We traded up for Bryce Young and gave the other QBs a chance to make a case to be selected with the first overall pick - they didn't, so we're taking Bryce.

It's time to get on board the BY9 train.

Jimmy didn’t give up #2, I wouldn’t expect Corral to give up #9

bad optics 

• Flames 1