• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OFFICIAL: Bryce Young cancels remaining team visits

TheSpecialJuan

22 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Who in the local media has said something today?

Joe Person in his Q&A on The Athletic said it's becoming "increasingly likely" that Bryce will be the pick. He also said that the Stroud buzz post-trade up largely came from people speculating that his size and Reich's history would give him the edge over Bryce. 

That on top of Mike Kaye putting out a video last week saying he had heard Bryce buzz building for the past few weeks. 

• Pie 1

This week, there’s a smaller detail coming—Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud and Kentucky’s Will Levis will come in for their 30 visits Tuesday. On one hand, sometimes teams do bring in the players they’re most interested in closer to the deadline for such visits (that’s Wednesday). On the other, if Carolina was going to do a full day of introducing Stroud to everyone in the building, chances are they’d bring him in without another QB there.

OH NO NO NO

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Well I called it in early March, so it's not surprising to me in the slightest. What was kind of surprising is the extent to which some Huddlers bought into media hype and narratives. What was more surprising is how some Huddlers belittled Bryce Young (pun intended) for his size and disregarded his track record of displaying elite traits in college. 

Admittedly, I almost fell for the hype, but I just couldn't take the intellectual leap that required one to disregard the consistent talent and skills of BY in their entirety to those who have displayed varying amounts of talent and skills inconsistently. That just didn't vibe with my train of thought.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I like the pick, but man I am torn. Going to be interested to follow both thier careers, I think they both will be good.

I’m just glad we are getting 1 of the big 3. I preferred Stroud, but was nervous about passing on Young. He seems to have that “it” factor.

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

Most of the Young supporters were fine with the other QB's.  It was the Stroud Boys size queens who made post after negative post on Young. 

At one point one said that Stroud had no negatives and that's when I called BS and started harping on his pressured play, which was one of the worst in college football.

If we do take Stroud, I'm all in.

But at this point, that doesn't seem likely.

This is simply wrong, most Stroud supporters have concerns over Young’s size, and easily admitted Stroud was not perfect. Most are also fine with Young. You are highlighting maybe 1-2 individuals. And there has been tons of negatives from the Young crowd about Stroud as well, so I would recommend getting of that high horse of yours.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Talking to the wrong guy my man.

I never had a favorite. I was fine with Young/Stroud/AR.

I just thought based off film Young had the better tape than the other QB's. Im confident he will be the right guy. Throw size out the window. This kid has the "it factor".

It is interesting for someone being fine with any choice that you have been leading the charge on being divisive on the board with your “I guess you will no longer be a fan of the team if we pick Young” stuff. I hope you can move past that at some point. 

• Pie 1