• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"There was one receiver last week..."

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I haven’t researched him, just watched the OP video. How is this guy not a lock in the first, just injuries?  Seems to have elite ball skills and good size/speed. 

I have seen him mocked in the first...but usually day 2...think Anquan Bolden potential (and body style).

I also like Scott a lot--smaller and can be a special teams ace.

If they're being accurate about specifically visited last week, I re-checked and I am only finding 2 reported visits:

Derius Davis

Charlie Jones

--

Mingo and Smith-Njigba were over a week ago. Scott was reported having a meeting with us, but digging in, don't think it was a private-30.  

• Pie 1

For folks curious why Mingo isn’t a first rounder it’s his production. He’s a guy who has played for four years of college ball and this is the first season he had more than 400 yards in a season. 
27 catches for like 380 yards and 3 TDS was his career high in a season for all three. So he “boomed” this season and still didn’t even make it to 1k yards. And this was the only season he played in more than 7 games. 

He’s a guy you need to just look at the athletic profile and ignore the lack of production and think your staff can unlock his skills better than Lane Kiffin. 

Id be concerned about this pick. 

Yep.  This may have been Charlie Jones.  

Interesting prospect, transferred from Iowa (good for him, awful passing game there).  I've honestly been looking past the dude...really under the radar in sports media.  

NCAA Receiving Leaders in 2022 were: (1) Tank Dell (2) Charlie Jones (3) Rashee Rice

In 2022:

110 rec, 1,361 yards, 12 tds, 12.4 ypr

Combine:

Aiden O'Connell had a QBR of 119.0 when throwing to him.

Size: 5'11 3/4, 175 lbs

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/charlie-jones/32004a4f-4e16-0287-5859-a7165d1cc115

Strengths
  • Runs routes with hip sink and crisp cuts.
  • Generates good burst out of breaks.
  • Clever hand usage for late separation.
  • Bodies up defender, keeping catch space open.
  • Sustains focus with coverage draped over him.
  • Moves feet to work his way to the throw and catches with soft hands.
  • Consistently productive as kick and punt returner.

Seems like he interviews well and has a chip on the shoulder style.  

• Pie 7

17 minutes ago, Varking said:

For folks curious why Mingo isn’t a first rounder it’s his production. He’s a guy who has played for four years of college ball and this is the first season he had more than 400 yards in a season. 
27 catches for like 380 yards and 3 TDS was his career high in a season for all three. So he “boomed” this season and still didn’t even make it to 1k yards. And this was the only season he played in more than 7 games. 

He’s a guy you need to just look at the athletic profile and ignore the lack of production and think your staff can unlock his skills better than Lane Kiffin. 

Id be concerned about this pick. 

"At a school like Ole Miss, sometimes you have to wait your turn to truly emerge as an elite receiving threat. When NFL talents like Brown, Metcalf, and Elijah Moore are funneling targets each year, it can be difficult to break through. But Mingo was able to take advantage of his opportunity in 2022."

I found this. Seems like a reasonable explanation of why his production hasn't been higher.. 

5 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Yep.  This may have been Charlie Jones.  

Interesting prospect, transferred from Iowa (good for him, awful passing game there).  I've honestly been looking past the dude...really under the radar in sports media.  

NCAA Receiving Leaders in 2022 were: (1) Tank Dell (2) Charlie Jones (3) Rashee Rice

In 2022:

110 rec, 1,361 yards, 12 tds, 12.4 ypr

Combine:

Aiden O'Connell had a QBR of 119.0 when throwing to him.

Size: 5'11 3/4, 175 lbs

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/charlie-jones/32004a4f-4e16-0287-5859-a7165d1cc115

Seems like he interviews well and has a chip on the shoulder style.  

My money is on this guy to be who. Fitterer was talking bout. 

• Pie 1

Just now, mickeye76 said:

My money is on this guy to be who. Fitterer was talking bout. 

Mingo is being repeated in the thread, but he was reported visiting early April. 

Fitt said "last week".  Last week was Charlie Jones and Derius Davis.  

That being said, Mingo could be great, but for who Fitt was talking about, after checking, it is Jones, Davis, or an unreported prospect visit. 

8 minutes ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

"At a school like Ole Miss, sometimes you have to wait your turn to truly emerge as an elite receiving threat. When NFL talents like Brown, Metcalf, and Elijah Moore are funneling targets each year, it can be difficult to break through. But Mingo was able to take advantage of his opportunity in 2022."

I found this. Seems like a reasonable explanation of why his production hasn't been higher.. 

Mingo got to school after Brown and Metcalf left. Moore was good in college but Mingo was consistently the fourth guy in receiving yards. This was the first year in quite some team Ole Miss didn’t have a 1k yard receiver. And Mingo was second on this team in receiving yards. 

2 hours ago, t96 said:

damn mr Scot is getttin busy with mrs scot in the middle of the damn day

2 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

Take it when you can get it! 

Pull her hair and scream Troy Aikman!

Y'all ain't right 😄

And unfortunately, you're wrong. She was at work. What I needed to "get busy" with was a project I was supposed to have already been working on for an hour or so at the time.

But ya know, football...

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Y'all ain't right 😄

And unfortunately, you're wrong. She was at work. What I needed to "get busy" with was a project I was supposed to have already been working on for an hour or so at the time.

But ya know, football...

just messin with your choice of words brotha! lighten up a bit!