• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Real Reason Bryce Being the Pick Scares Me - He'll be the Marvin Lewis of QB's

tukafan21

Just now, BriceYung9 said:

@WUnderhill I could post a (.) and you would poo it. Whatever I did to get your panties in a bunch shows how little of a person you are. Sounds like you and BY have a lot in common no wonder you are so against the thought of him so much. 

I don’t usually just poo posts for no reason actually. Usually I will just disagree with somebody verbally and if I don’t feel like doing that I just move on without pooing. In MOST cases. I didn’t poo op’s post, but you can see very clearly based on my response that I thought this was a dumb thread. Your posts earned it in this thread, but the likelihood is I would have just quoted you and disagreed with you if you weren’t going around pooing my posts for no reason. You got something to say, say it coward.

• Poo 1

29 minutes ago, BriceYung9 said:

The issues is bias. Previously it was the stolen QB, perceived predominantly running black QB that had the good ol boys standing up and say not on my team. Now it’s size. This fan base sure loves to find any reason to not like someone who is not ideal to the status quo. To be worried about his size when your entire coaching staff and front office isn’t leads one to believe theirs a little more emotionally immature reasoning behind it. On an inferior site and Reddit things are no where near this sloppy and that’s a shame because this a more controlled environment. Like I have said numerous times no matter who the QB is (outside of Levis) why is it so hard to be welcoming and hopefully to give them another layer of foundation rather than continually lambasting them because you perceive yourself as a better talking head than the ones complained about. 

with the size thing...it's understandable. with the race thing...it wasn't. there's a huge difference. 

the data may not be there to back up the assumptions, but there is a reason for the assumption that a smaller QB might be affected more by shots from a bigger player. concerns can and need to be alleviated. there is a concern that he might not be able to see as much of the field and that he might have to stay playing out of the shotgun. not a big deal, but a legit concern. the size thing is an issue for the team, but it's one they, i suppose, feel they can work around and that he's worth the extra steps/adaptation needed.

the poo with cam was the stereotypes that black QB = running QB and that they wouldn't be able to pass very well and there were also implications that black QB = less intelligent. there were other stereotypes that existed that were just as toxic and unfounded.

basically...it's a much different scenario.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, BriceYung9 said:

There was no threat. You called me a coward I asked you to stop being disrespectful. And alluded to you not having the same heart if we ever crossed paths. Please try to say I said different. Unless the mods already want to ban thanks for trying to so that you can feel safe to be disrespectful and protected on here.

You are a hero in your own mind. Idk why you’re pming, and idc if you get banned for it or don’t. The race baiting when we’re debating between 2-3 black QBs is really what you should be getting banned for. You’re a walking contradiction to the extent I can only conclude you are completely trolling.

2912FE7F-BDE4-43E4-ACEB-6C0389B352F2.jpeg

• Beer 3

4 minutes ago, BriceYung9 said:

The scenarios are similar, adversity because of a physical trait. Cam overcame the adversity and BY will too. To say they aren’t bringing out the same like minded people to oppose because of a clear bias to their preference is disingenuous to people who are in the shoes of the people being ridiculed and trying to be the best version of themselves. 

Actually it's playing the race card, and playing it poorly.

Edit: Aaaannd he's gone.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, BriceYung9 said:

The scenarios are similar, adversity because of a physical trait. Cam overcame the adversity and BY will too. To say they aren’t bringing out the same like minded people to oppose because of a clear bias to their preference is disingenuous to people who are in the shoes of the people being ridiculed and trying to be the best version of themselves. 

Come on bro - like I actually do understand the schtick you're going for here but equating (very understandable) concerns about size to actual racism is a bridge too far.  By this logic we're discriminating against children because we don't let them ride rides they're too short for.  Or people who are too heavy for tandem skydiving harnesses because of a 'physical trait'.  It's a silly equivalency.

There are some people who think Young is too small for this particular ride for one reason or another.  I'm sorry this offends you but it's not a discriminatory position nor is it so off the wall that it's worth mocking.

~Damnit...missed him.

Edited by mwright350

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

OK, Jesus christ people, how, under any circumstances, does threatening someone with violence over a message board on the internet seem like a viable course of action in your life?

What choices in your life lead you down this road, multiple times at that?

BriceYung is gone, it's absolutely ridiculous that I even have to step in and say "Hey, don't threaten other people on the internet", but here I am. 

Anyway, don't threaten other people on the internet. 

If we met in real life, I would give you the angriest look 😡

Seriously though, how do you let football discussion lead to something like that?

Yeesh 🙄

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

You are a hero in your own mind. Idk why you’re pming, and idc if you get banned for it or don’t. The race baiting when we’re debating between 2-3 black QBs is really what you should be getting banned for. You’re a walking contradiction to the extent I can only conclude you are completely trolling.

2912FE7F-BDE4-43E4-ACEB-6C0389B352F2.jpeg

Lol dude said “alluded”…that’s not indirect at all. 

@BriceYung9 you “alluded” to racism earlier in this thread, but your threat was not “alluded”.

Switch those around and things will be easier for everyone. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

If we met in real life, I would give you the angriest look 😡

Seriously though, how do you let football discussion lead to something like that?

Yeesh 🙄

At Christmas I went to a work party and met a guy who was all in on Steve Wilks as the perma-coach. We had a discussion and I disagreed. I explained my perspective on why we should move on, he shared his on why Wilks should stay. The conversation was civil. At no point did ask the man to step outside simply because our opinions differed because I'm not a petulant child. 

• Beer 1

I will say this for what it is worth I don’t know if he got a perma ban or not and I tried to pm it to him but I can’t find our pms anymore but maybe he is still reading this. The inclusion of calling him coward was wrong on my end. I felt it was cowardly of him to constantly be pooing my posts and not even quoting and disagreeing, but I should have just said “You got something to say, say it.” and left it at that.

5 hours ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Bryce can keep a play alive but, ultimately, I think you want the guy that consistently provides elite ball placement by hitting receivers in stride or dropping the ball in places where only the receiver has a shot at the ball.  CJ Stroud is that guy.  I personally will be SHOCKED if you do NOT take Stroud.

On another note, a Yahoo guy has Young, Richardson, and Levis going 1,2, & 3.  Lol.  That guy is on acid.  

Prepare to be SHOCKED