• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive style

ncfan

Sounds like it’s not going to be a traditional Reich style offense.

he’s said it’s more like Sirriani’s than Doug Pederson.

I know this was a big pet of why some people assumed Stroud would be the guy due to the fit in Reich’s traditional offenses

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

I'm sure it'll be run heavy especially the first year with a rookie QB. I expect some McVay/Shanahan run/PA concepts to be in there from Thomas Brown's influence and of course some of the concepts Reich has ran in the past. Brown has always made sure to mention his love for the use of shifts and motions so I'm sure that'll be big in the offense too. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’ve always been a fan of the death by a million paper cuts approach. We don’t need 50 yards a clip. Let your defense rest awhile before you punch it in.

I like the idea of it and its going to be more efficient i suppose but a lot more can go wrong on a 20 play drive than a 5 or 6 play drive.  One or two negative plays can throw the whole drive off.

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I like the idea of it and its going to be more efficient i suppose but a lot more can go wrong on a 20 play drive than a 5 or 6 play drive.  One or two negative plays can throw the whole drive off.

This is true. But with that said, how many times in the last 10 years have we blown late leads simply because our offense was built for home run swings? There’s been so many instances where we needed to pick up one first down to seal the game, we go three out out and lose to a last second FG.

I know every team suffers this, but I think being able to sustain drives balances out the issue you correctly bring up.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’ve always been a fan of the death by a million paper cuts approach. We don’t need 50 yards a clip. Let your defense rest awhile before you punch it in.

Brees used to drive us nuts with that approach.

It was always a short gain here, a short gain there...and then suddenly oh sh-t they're at the 10 yard line 😖

• Pie 3

7 hours ago, ncfan said:

Sounds like it’s not going to be a traditional Reich style offense.

he’s said it’s more like Sirriani’s than Doug Pederson.

I know this was a big pet of why some people assumed Stroud would be the guy due to the fit in Reich’s traditional offenses

Righteous. I knew that I was playing with the PHI offensive and DEN defensive playbooks in Madden because I'm psychic and not just some idiot that still gives EA $60 for a roster update every year! 😅

Edited by Icege