• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What could a trade down look like?

Mr. Scot

Its humorous this is still being entertained.  I suppose its possible, but it would be unprecedented.  Who trades up to 1 to trade down?  Fitt is more likely to be a laughing stock than a genius with that kind of move.  Not exactly the type of thing you want on your resume if things don't work out for him in Carolina.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

See above 😄

Besides the "Young or nobody" stories, You've got the added drama of Caserio rumored to be on the way out.

(he denies it, but of course he would)

If that's true, he could definitely be looking to make a big splash on his way out the door.

In the NFL anything can happen whether odd or not, things out of the ordinary literally come out of nowhere.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523

6 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

A trade is never happening with those picks on offer in that scenario. I don't think they see Stroud and Young as equals so the incentive to trade down would have to be something too good to refuse, like an extra 2nd/3rd rounder this year and a 1st next year. The Texans won't do that.

We done know any of that for certain though...

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Its humorous this is still being entertained.  I suppose its possible, but it would be unprecedented.  Who trades up to 1 to trade down?  Fitt is more likely to be a laughing stock than a genius with that kind of move.  Not exactly the type of thing you want on your resume if things don't work out for him in Carolina.

Getting a franchise quarterback that you wanted anyway while also recouping some of the draft capital you gave up would make someone a laughingstock?

Hell, that's genius.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

You're logic doesn't make sense because we started at #9 and they're starting at #2. They KNOW that they will get Young or Stroud and we were hoping that Levis would make it to #9.

Pick 12 seems to be a non-negotiable for the folks who would accept this trade.

It's kind of begs the question, if we did get that pick, who would you take with it? 

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Getting a franchise quarterback that you wanted anyway while also recouping some of the draft capital you gave up would make someone a laughingstock?

Hell, that's genius.

Yeah and if Bryce is the man and CJ doesn't work out, he's an idiot.  Draft value doesn't equate to a winning team.  Picking the best players does.

It's a high risk move because nobody has ever done that before.  It would stand out and stick with him the rest of his career.

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yeah and if Bryce is the man and CJ doesn't work out, he's an idiot.  Draft value doesn't equate to a winning team.  Picking the best players does.

It's a high risk move because nobody has ever done that before.  It would stand out and stick with him the rest of his career.

Or vice versa. Same outcome could take place with either of them.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pick 12 seems to be a non-negotiable for the folks who would accept this trade.

It's kind of begs the question, if we did get that pick, who would you take with it? 🤔

If it is 2 and 12 you could pair Stroud and JSN.  If it is 2 and next year's first we could have a shot at Stroud with MHJ.  Both are complete pipe dreams, but that is what several Stroud fans want I believe.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

If we pick Bryce, he doesn't pan out and CJ does, same result.

I see it a lot, but the idea that the whole "what if we make a bad pick" idea only applies to a trade down scenario is kind of silly.

We could absolutely stay at #1 and still blow it. Young is no more a guaranteed success than Stroud.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

If I was the Texans and had all those picks this year and next I'd be looking to trade out of two for another 1st next year. Fill out the roster this year and draft a QB next year. They'll probably suck enough this year for another top 10 pick in 2024 and they will have 3 first rounders. More than enough ammo to move around and get a QB next year.