• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer on WFNZ this morning

TheSpecialJuan

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He did say the decision would be made early next week but I don't remember him mentioning a presser.

They had one this week. Not sure why they'd need one again until the pick is made.

Sorry, I meant to say after the presser they held this week, Kaye mentioned it would be soon. 

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Just listened. I don’t think Scott mentioned CJ once. As if we need more confirmation, but if CJ was the pick you’d think he’d at least redirect some of those Bryce questions to talk about CJ.

I honestly don't even think CJ is the 2nd option. I think AR is their #2 target.

There was a rumor posted a few days ago that teams aren't that high on CJ Stroud. The Texans are reportedly looking to trade the #2 pick.

We will find out pretty soon how all this shakes out in the draft.

• Pie 3

18 minutes ago, RJK said:

I just hope the owner and FO aren’t getting finessed again by a smooth talker. 

Smooth talker is pretty good at playing QB.

Maybe watch his film. You might actually fall in love with his game. Can't judge a player based on appearance. Tom Brady with his shirt off looks like a soccer dad, turned out to be the best QB in NFL history.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

That should stop anyone that still didn't think it was Young.

And with QB locked up, edge rusher is by far our biggest need going into the draft. I know I've heard Leonard Floyd free agency rumors but not at all surprising to see a heavy emphasis on that position as well.

Only sounds like young because all the goddamn questions are lead to be about young. Who cares at this point. What a monumental fug up this will be. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He did say the decision would be made early next week but I don't remember him mentioning a presser.

They had one this week. Not sure why they'd need one again until the pick is made.

I guess early this week was the pre-draft presser.

Edited by poundaway

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Maybe watch his film. You might actually fall in love with his game. Can't judge a player based on appearance. Tom Brady with his shirt off looks like a soccer dad, turned out to be the best QB in NFL history.

Nah. I watched enough to know it’s a bad idea based on height weight lack of arm strength and what he has to do to compensate for the issues. On top of the fact that he’s not fast, or overly athletic. He’s a bit of razzle dazzle in the pocket, and against the 3-4 tough SEC teams that gets it done, in the NFL, it won’t work. Sad that our staff both scouting and coaching can’t see that. I really expected more, and that’s the most disappointing thing. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

15 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I’m fine with young being the pick. Nothing will change his size so not obsessed with it. Just hope they don’t fall in love with how he communicates like they did with Rhule and focus on getting the best player. If that’s young so be it.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Nah. I watched enough to know it’s a bad idea based on height weight lack of arm strength and what he has to do to compensate for the issues. On top of the fact that he’s not fast, or overly athletic. He’s a bit of razzle dazzle in the pocket, and against the 3-4 tough SEC teams that gets it done, in the NFL, it won’t work. Sad that our staff both scouting and coaching can’t see that. I really expected more, and that’s the most disappointing thing. 

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I guess he will have to prove the doubters wrong. I believe in this kid. The underdogs always have something extra to prove.

• Flames 1

I like Fitt but he's notoriously bad at hiding his hand/lying lmao. The only thing that would finally convince me that he's gotten better at not doing is if somehow the pick is not Bryce next week. 

Yes, he's been asked direct questions about Bryce lately but even going back to the combine interviews it's always felt like even when he's complimented other QB's, he's gone out of his way to say something extra about Bryce. 

The wait is almost over though. Can't wait for draft night. 

13 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

This^^^^^^ all-day.