• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think Fitterer and Reich would have the courage to say no Tepper?

posthumecaver

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

We've got some who seem to want everybody that we don't pick to fail miserably.

I don't.

I get the "crush your enemies, see them driven before you" mindset. Hell, most of the time I agree with it.

But in reality, I've got nothing against these kids. Best of luck to them...

...except against us.

Nobody that I have seen wants young to fail, I think its more like some of us dont see how he can succeed long term.  I will be rooting for the kid, hoping he proves me wrong, but I have watched this game for far too long to not know how this ends

Are we just going to ignore the fact Tepper let this guy make decisions with full authority and now think that he won't let his all star level staff with decades of experience and an infinite amount of more NFL pedigree decide who to pick?  image.thumb.png.933614d0584a0250e79417e41df58783.png

Edited by panther4life

We don't know who thinks what.  Every year the rumors say there are differing opinions in house.  We never will know until years later who was in what camps.  And you largely never know that unless things go really bad. 

1 hour ago, panther4life said:

Are we just going to ignore the fact Tepper let this guy make decisions with full authority and now think that he won't let his all star level staff with decades of experience and an infinite amount of more NFL pedigree decide who to pick?  image.thumb.png.933614d0584a0250e79417e41df58783.png

Fair point 😄

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

We don't know who thinks what.  Every year the rumors say there are differing opinions in house.  We never will know until years later who was in what camps.  And you largely never know that unless things go really bad. 

Every year there are differences of opinion.

It would be kinda silly to expect a group of varied people to all agree on everything.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It would be kinda silly to expect a group of varied people to all agree on everything.

Yeah, zero chance Tepper, Frank, Evero, Brown, Caldwell, McCown, all agree on what to do at #1.  

Same will be applied to every  pick once the madness starts of the draft too. 

But the narrative like all teams will be they all agree and got exactly the dude they were hoping to get at random pick spot # whatever.  

I would assume Frank and Tepper got the most sway with their preference followed by Fitt.  I think who has the most sway depends year to year.  I would assume an experienced first year coach has a lot of sway on the direction we go with the first pick.  I think Fitt had more sway than the HC last draft.  Just because Rhule was on the hotseat.  

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, zero chance Tepper, Frank, Evero, Brown, Caldwell, McCown, all agree on what to do at #1.  

Same will be applied to every  pick once the madness starts of the draft too. 

But the narrative like all teams will be they all agree and got exactly the dude they were hoping to get at random pick spot # whatever.  

I would assume Frank and Tepper got the most sway with their preference followed by Fitt.  I think who has the most sway depends year to year.  I would assume an experienced first year coach has a lot of sway on the direction we go with the first pick.  I think Fitt had more sway than the HC last draft.  Just because Rhule was on the hotseat.  

Officially, final say belongs to Fitterer.

Of course, if you read the recent interview with Reich, he talked about consensus building being Fitterer's "superpower". I've also heard people say the same thing about Reich.

So overall, I suspect when they come to a final decision, it'll be a lot more cooperative then say, a Bill Polian throwing a chair type of meeting.

• Pie 1

I hated Matt Rhule and his gang of cronies as much as anyone here and I hated Tepper equally as much for hiring such a certified bozo, but he turned around and hired one of the most experienced QB friendly head coaches in the NFL and put together a staff full of experience to develop a young QB. I think Tepper has made it clear he's deferring to his experienced staff. I'm 100% sure he offered his input. But I think the final call is with Reich with Fitterer a close second. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I like Young way better than I would have liked Fields.

Just as a prospect without knowing how they will do in the NFL?  It's tough but I would imagine Young should look better early in his career as he is more "pro ready" than Fields coming out.