• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Short yardage running back?

Eclipse

17 minutes ago, shaq said:

Why waste a draft pick when we can just pick up one of the many solid short yardage backs in the free agent market!

Kareem Hunt
Ezekiel Elliott
Leonard Fournette
Kenyan Drake

The cost vs value is terrible. Whats wrong with a fresh set of legs in the later rounds? I feel we may trade down and get a 6th and that would be perfect to use on one.

• Poo 1

18 minutes ago, byob1013 said:

The cost vs value is terrible. Whats wrong with a fresh set of legs in the later rounds? I feel we may trade down and get a 6th and that would be perfect to use on one.

132 could be a good trade down since we have 145.  Get multiple picks around 160 & 190.  Could be a good move for a RB & OL if we don't draft one higher.   

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

132 could be a good trade down since we have 145.  Get multiple picks around 160 & 190.  Could be a good move for a RB & OL if we don't draft one higher.   

Indubitably. With the hundreds off PFF mocks I have done I played this scenario out and never felt the results weren't worth the trade. 

1 hour ago, byob1013 said:

We have limited draft capital, wasting a pick on a niche role is a wast of draft capital. Cost vs value? What are you even referencing, due to the abundance of quality backs these older vet power Rbs are cheap and affordable. Look at our Donta Foreman signing last season and Mike Davis in years past. Give me that all day, would rather draft a developmental guy in true areas of need then draft our RB 3. 

1 hour ago, Soul Rebel said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Shenault back there. Dude is thick and think of that Corderelle type on short yardage goalline situations would be great.

I also like Roschon, Bigsby and Ibrahim for that physical runner and should all be available on day 3.

Great take, was thinking the same thing with Shenault. He’s a big dude, 220 with decent speed and he already plays like a RB in the open feild.

• Pie 1