• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer's Annual Mock

Mr. Scot

Breer isn't as in the business of doing mocks on a regular basis. He prefers to do just one close to the draft and vets his choices with personnel people.

What does he foresee for the quarterbacks? Obviously Bryce Young goes first overall to the Panthers because he's been saying that for a while.

The rest are listed below:

4. Colts - CJ Stroud

The Colts wind up getting CJ Stroud without moving up at all after the Texans and Cardinals take other positions. Mind you, Breer does believe the Cardinals could potentially deal their pick...to the nervous Colts. Same result.

12. Texans - Will Levis

Like the Colts, the Texans also get a quarterback without trading up. In this case it's Levis, who Breer acknowledges could also go to Indianapolis.

So whither Richardson?

19. Bucs - Anthony Richardson

To Tampa, who + having Baker Mayfield - can afford to sit him for a year while he adjusts to the NFL.

So basically, we get the guy we wanted after massively trading up while everybody else gets one by just kinda sitting there.

Not sure I like how this plays out for us...

...and I'm probably not alone.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

and Levis to the Colts just makes too much sense considering Irsay. i'm not budging on that one. 

and i'm preparing myself for Stroud to the Falcons. Could you imagine us with Young, AR with the Bucs, and Stroud with the Falcons? That actually could be a lot of fun.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

I dunno, as someone who really wants CJ, the closer we get to the draft that more I'm falling in line.  We have our backs against the wall, after being in QB purgatory for the last several years we have to 1.  Get a QB and 2. Get a QB that can start day 1.  As much as I love CJ as a prospect, I'm not sold on the fact that he could come in and be an impact player tomorrow while Young can.  Is Young going to be the best QB in this class in year 3?  I don't believe he will, but he is the best right now which is where the Panthers are at...right now.  And before anyone starts saying I'm a Bryce hater, I'm not, just because I don't' think he will be the best QB in the draft 3 years from now does not mean I don't think he will be good.  His ceiling is high but not as high as some of the other QB in this class, but they need time to develop as mentioned.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Breer isn't as in the business of doing mocks on a regular basis. He prefers to do just one close to the draft and vets his choices with personnel people.

What does he foresee for the quarterbacks? Obviously Bryce Young goes first overall to the Panthers because he's been saying that for a while.

4. Colts - CJ Stroud

The Colts wind up getting CJ Stroud without moving up at all after the Texans and Cardinals take other positions. Mind you, Breer does believe the Cardinals could potentially deal their pick...to the nervous Colts. Same result.

12. Texans - Will Levis

Like the Colts, the Texans also get a quarterback without trading up. In this case it's Levis, who Breer acknowledges could also go to Indianapolis.

So whither Richardson?

To Tampa, who + having Baker Mayfield - can afford to sit him for a year while he adjusts to the NFL.

So basically, we get the guy we wanted after massively trading up while everybody else gets one by just kinda sitting there.

If we naturally sucked into the 1st overall pick I would be more ok with it

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Breer isn't as in the business of doing mocks on a regular basis. He prefers to do the close to the draft and vets his choices with personnel people.

What does he foresee for the quarterbacks? Obviously Bryce Young goes number one to the Panthers because he's been saying that for a while. The rest are listed below.

4. Colts - CJ Stroud

The Colts wind up getting CJ Stroud without moving up at all after the Texans and Cardinals take other positions. Mind you, Breer does believe the Cardinals could potentially deal the pick...to the nervous Colts. Same result.

12. Texans - Will Levis

Like the Colts, the Texans also get a quarterback without trading up. In this case it's Levis, who he acknowledges could also go to Indianapolis.

So whither Richardson? To Tampa, who + having Baker Mayfield - can afford to sit him for a year while he adjusts to the NFL.

Not sure I like how this plays out for us, and I'm probably not alone.

I think it was always going to end up that way unless a team wants Young. Any team wanting their choice of the qbs had to trade for the 1st overall pick.  If you didn't care which one you get you could have just sat tight and take your chances. I'm not buying Huston not taking a qb just yet. But it's possible.  The Colts will definitely take one but they will not need to trade up. I do not see the possibility of anyone trading up until Arizona is on the clock. The Colts will be sweating that pick until its over.

Other notable picks...

- Tyree Wilson to the Texans at 2

- Will Anderson Jr to the Cardinals at 3

- Jalen Carter to the Seahawks at 5

- Peter Skoronski to the Raiders at 7

- Lukas Van Ness to the Falcons at 8

- Christian Gonzalez to the Eagles at 10

- Michael Mayer to the Packers at 13

- Jaxon Smith-Njigba to the Jets at 15

- Joey Porter Jr to the Commanders at 16

- Bijan Robinson to the Lions at 18

- Nolan Smith to the Seahawks at 20

- Dalton Kincaid to the Raiders at 21

- Zay Flowers to the Ravens at 22

- Felix Anudike-Uzomah to the Saints at 29

- Jahmyr Gibbs to the Eagles at 30

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

and Levis to the Colts just makes too much sense considering Irsay. i'm not budging on that one. 

and i'm preparing myself for Stroud to the Falcons. Could you imagine us with Young, AR with the Bucs, and Stroud with the Falcons? That actually could be a lot of fun.

I’ve literally stopped myself from making a thread on this exact scenario the past couple days but definitely something that could be intriguing. 

That being said I can’t see Stroud making it past 4, but maybe the Falcons trade up to 3 with Cardinals? 

Either way the suspense will be over soon enough. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

4. Colts - CJ Stroud

12. Texans - Will Levis

So whither Richardson?

Thats not the best way to think though.  If they really liked a specific qb then thats a good thing.  That qb wasnt going to fall past 2 it looks like.  Just because the rest of the qbs fell doesnt mean they were good with just taking any of them.  If they think Young has the best odds to be a great qb then it doesnt really matter how far the others fall.  If anything it just shows Young was clearly the best qb prospect since we almost know he wouldnt have fell past 2 if we hadnt traded up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yeah, having a division full of hopefully, good, young QBs should be a lot more fun than what we've seen the last few years. It would help make those division rivalry games really mean something again.

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Young was the only one that was ever going to go first and the only way you were ever going to get him was by going first. He was the #1 target from the beginning. I'm not upset that we did what it takes to get our guy.

I agree. The team did what it had to do to get the best QB in the draft. Hopefully, Young will continue being what made him a great college QB in the pros.

• Pie 2