• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Drake Maye was in this draft would you pick him over Young?

ENC Pantherfan

If Drake Maye was in this draft would you pick him over Bryce Young?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Maye or Young?

• Maye
    • Young

20 minutes ago, byob1013 said:

Haven't seen enough of Maye to make this conclusion but it would be a difficult choice. I need to see how Caleb Williams matures. Last year the stunt with the painting of the finger nails and losing twice to Utah really made me think twice about how his charter make up is reminiscent of OBJ. They lost to Tulane in the bowl game and that was honestly surprising with all the top tier talent USC had last year. Year he puts up video game numbers but it feels like it's inflated byt the offense and opponents they play. 

Lol. It’s 2023. Dudes paint their fingernails and there’s nothing wrong with it. Hot take 101.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Lol. It’s 2023. Dudes paint their fingernails and there’s nothing wrong with it. Hot take 101.

The painting of the nails is weird and I don't care for it but people are entitled to their choices on their own person. The issue I had was painting " fug UTAH" and not being able to beat them. 

4 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Yeah coming from a fan of Cam who pushed the boundaries on fashion for NFL players the nail painting is a lot of nothing to me.  

1 hour ago, ENC Pantherfan said:

Dude I only ask because I read an article today saying that Caleb Williams was so far ahead of every QB in this draft, and I'm sitting here thinking Drake Maye's numbers was just as good on an offense who basically relies a lot on Downs. I just wanted to see how ya'll think Maye compares tho this draft. I'm good with Young. 

Sorry Im canadian so I try not to have big reactions... 

I only reacted like that cause I dont want to think about next year, we are about to draft our franchise QB. TOMORROW. 

Lets just pumped about that. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah coming from a fan of Cam who pushed the boundaries on fashion for NFL players the nail painting is a lot of nothing to me.  

He wrote fug Utah on his nails was the issue for me. But he’s a best QB prospect in years. 

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Sorry Im canadian so I try not to have big reactions... 

I only reacted like that cause I dont want to think about next year, we are about to draft our franchise QB. TOMORROW. 

Lets just pumped about that. 

What part of Canada are you in?  My wife was born in Halifax and has a ton of family in PEI.  

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

He wrote fug Utah on his nails was the issue for me. But he’s a best QB prospect in years. 

Yeah that's a little Baker-like but I really don't think it's that big of a deal.  These guys talk like that all the time on the field.  It's just not a very good look for the little kids looking up to the players.  

Need to see how they play their final season of college. I remember when guys like Brian Brohm, Christen Hackenburg, and Ryan Mallet were projected as top 3 picks heading into their final season. Even Sam Howell after his first year at UNC was talked about as a surefire top 5 pick after one season. 

1 hour ago, ENC Pantherfan said:

It's kinda close but I would pick Maye. He literally carried a UNC offense by himself. 

I don't care for UNC but you take Drake Maye every year over Young. Anyone who watched him this year knows that.

I'm an App State fan and after the UNC - App game I went on the UNC board and let people know, because I knew, that he was a legit Heisman Contender. He didn't misfire a single ball that entire game. Pure insanity from a ball placement standpoint, speed, stature.

I'd also rather have Will Andersom than 5'9 Bryce Young so...whatever. Young is too small. He's going to get hurt. And I'll enjoy the blast from the past from 2010.

5 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Need to see how they play their final season of college. I remember when guys like Brian Brohm, Christen Hackenburg, and Ryan Mallet were projected as top 3 picks heading into their final season. Even Sam Howell after his first year at UNC was talked about as a surefire top 5 pick after one season. 

Drake Maye is none of those guys lol...im laughing so hard my stomach is hurting man. Drake Maye is a Top 2 pick, sure fire. 5 star, 6'5, 4.5 40, ball placement on par with Stroud...

His comp is probably a faster Justin Herbert.