• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Merrill Hoge on Dan Patrick show shares thoughts about draft..

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

That's DJ Ivey covering. Calling him dogshit would be an insult to dogshit.

Point was about his deep ball. Young can make every pass in the book and nfl execs all agree he is the number one QB and it’s not close. Tomorrow will prove that. No one questions how great out coaching staff is….. and they will pick Young. I trust them over any opinion on this board, they are all tying their NFL careers on getting this right. 

Edited by WarPanthers89

14 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

This honestly doesnt mean much because its very subjective who you consider a football "expert" and then you would have to check how many times that individual has actually been right about any picks in the past like people are doing Merril Hodge because he doesnt agree with them.

No one questions how great out coaching staff is….. and they will pick Young. I trust them over any opinion on this board, they are all tying their NFL careers on getting this right. 

26 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

This just in...Coaches and staff have never been wrong and dont make absolute atrocious picks. Fans and observers have no business questioning their decisions. Why even discuss them or form an opinion in the first place? Lets all go home.

If most posters on here want to have an honest discussion about something there isn’t usually a problem. Goat boy has just been spamming the past week and poo posting. That being said, it’s the night before the fuging draft and pretty much everybody is burnt out on this poo. You act like we should still be debating these QBs like we’re at the scouting combine. How about stop being whiny buzzkills and enjoy the draft. We have the #1 pick and some of you are acting like it’s a fuging funeral honestly just stfu and stop making these stupid threads.

• Beer 3

Merril Hoge, ESPN

4 of 5

ESPN analyst Merril Hoge was one of the guys who made notable quotes ripping Cam Newton back in March before the draft.

Hoge flat out said Newton was not ready an NFL ready quarterback, while mainly bashing his throwing accuracy.

This article has a number of quotes from Hoge, who has since eaten crow.

In the article, Hoge said athletically, he might be a 12, but "as a quarterback he's probably pushing around a four."

Hoge went on to say, "Donovan [McNabb] would be a Kurt Warner compared to Cam Newton as far as accuracy goes."

"The only word I can use after watching four games is atrocious," he said. "You never know where that ball will end up. In fact, he was more of a runner than he ever was a passer."

Well Hoge couldn't have been more further from the truth, which has led to him now saying that Newton has been 'mind boggling' and that he "has been most impressed with Newton's willingness to stay in the pocket and go through his pass progressions rather than taking off running at the first opportunity."

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Merril Hoge, ESPN

4 of 5

ESPN analyst Merril Hoge was one of the guys who made notable quotes ripping Cam Newton back in March before the draft.

Hoge flat out said Newton was not ready an NFL ready quarterback, while mainly bashing his throwing accuracy.

This article has a number of quotes from Hoge, who has since eaten crow.

In the article, Hoge said athletically, he might be a 12, but "as a quarterback he's probably pushing around a four."

Hoge went on to say, "Donovan [McNabb] would be a Kurt Warner compared to Cam Newton as far as accuracy goes."

"The only word I can use after watching four games is atrocious," he said. "You never know where that ball will end up. In fact, he was more of a runner than he ever was a passer."

Well Hoge couldn't have been more further from the truth, which has led to him now saying that Newton has been 'mind boggling' and that he "has been most impressed with Newton's willingness to stay in the pocket and go through his pass progressions rather than taking off running at the first opportunity."

Oh you didn’t hear. This thread apparently isn’t about the guy whose name is on the subject line and whose opinion they are basing all of this on. That’s at least what I was told??

Shrugs GIF

6 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

How would you overcome youngs shortcomings since you can't read...

His opinion is Young’s arm strength is inadequate. I disagree. He also thought Cam wasn’t a good draft prospect and made McNabb look like Manning. I also disagree with that. 
You even posted a video about him being right about Manziel. Don’t get mad when I show articles where he was wrong as well. I’m just glad we didn’t listen to him and drafted Cam, aren’t you?

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Ok you obviously missed the point. Work on reading comprehension 

I think I got it, the guy called one pick right and we should listen to him on all. My point is there are details that have to be looked at that contributed to Johnny’s downfall. Didn’t mean to trigger you.

2 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

@ncfan @poundaway 

Care to share how you would scheme around a qb with less that ideal arm strength and not being able to stand tall in the pocket? How about when he gets up there in the years do you think he will be an elite qb when whatever physical skills he has diminish..I'm interested to know or all you can do is post links and poo all day

To be fair, Tom Brady’s arm is not the strongest 

Neither  was Brees.  

For what it’s worth, here’s what Merrill and others said about Newton 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/918508-cam-newton-what-the-experts-were-saying-then-versus-now.amp.html

The thing about this is, if someone sees something that disagrees with a preconception they have arrived at, no one validates the question. There is no respect for a dissenting opinion. Everything is personalized. HATERS!

I don't think I had one person respond to a specific criticism I formed from watching Young's pro day. The couple that did, were not on the "Bryce" wagon. No one that is a Bryce, just the first name (like you are a dues paying fan club member), no one rebutted. They made comments, sometimes asserting how great he was, but no one addressed the thing I posted about. That was weeks ago. It hasn't changed. 

I see it with others. The user tuka something something has voiced well articulated concerns that go ignored or if they are rebutted it is with I don't even know what...just different degrees of dismissive attitudes. But no engaging the points. There are excellent observations that merit discussion and consideration but he is just wasting his time, really. Like I am, doing this, I realize. Enough. Enjoy the draft.

• Pie 5

11 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

The thing about this is, if someone sees something that disagrees with a preconception they have arrived at, no one validates the question. There is no respect for a dissenting opinion. Everything is personalized. HATERS!

I don't think I had one person respond to a specific criticism I formed from watching Young's pro day. The couple that did, were not on the "Bryce" wagon. No one that is a Bryce, just the first name (like you are a dues paying fan club member), no one rebutted. They made comments, sometimes asserting how great he was, but no one addressed the thing I posted about. That was weeks ago. It hasn't changed. 

I see it with others. The user tuka something something has voiced well articulated concerns that go ignored or if they are rebutted it is with I don't even know what...just different degrees of dismissive attitudes. But no engaging the points. There are excellent observations that merit discussion and consideration but he is just wasting his time, really. Like I am, doing this, I realize. Enough. Enjoy the draft.

Church Sunday GIF

We took a 6’5 250lb megatron back in 2011. Where is he at now? Oh yeah, not playing; And Cam is my favorite QB in the world.  So why not give this guy a shot? Injuries are unpredictable and can happen to anyone.  Bryce is smart, with a good head on his shoulders. I think he will adjust like he’s always done.  I’d rather try and fail than see Bryce tearing it up in someone else’s jersey every Sunday.  You can’t knock the ball out of the park if you never take a big swing.  

Edited by Ezrider1423