• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Signs 5 year Extension

shaq

1 minute ago, frankw said:

It's been going that way for years man might as well get used to it. That's why it's so important to capitalize on your franchise QB rookie deals while you can. I love defense as much as the rest of ya'll but I hope we spend and keep spending big surrounding Young with legit offensive weapons and protection. I want that in this years draft.

Same page. 

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

So he just signed the highest paying contract in nfl history and all these people on here were talking poo because him and his mom were negotiating the deal. Just laugh out loud.

Little early to laugh just yet...

How many times have we seen news about Player X becoming the highest paid at their position ever followed up by career downturns or devastating injuries?

That's a situation where Jackson might not regret it, but the Ravens could.

Edited by Mr. Scot

23 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Those same people calling him and his entire family dumb are nowhere to be found in this thread.

Funny how they hide when he gets a deal done...

Not hiding but I don't live on the Huddle either. He got his deal done. Good for him. He was also reprimanded by the NFLPA for using a non approved agent in his negotiations and teams were told not to converse with a non approved agent. 

He got his deal, and it wasn't a fully guaranteed deal like he had been asking for according to DeMaurice Smith, head of the NFLPA. 

And no matter how much you want to taut that he got his deal done, the simple fact is he missed out on probably 70-80m in the past 2 years by not having an agent. And we also don't know the fine details of that contract so it may not be as good as the numbers suggest. 

I'm still happy that we didn't give up 3 1sts plus and that size contract for him. Doesn't change anything for me.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Little early to laugh just yet...

How many times have we seen news about Player X becoming the highest paid at their position ever followed up by career downturns or devastating injuries?

That's a situation where Jackson might not regret it, but the Ravens could.

That’s not the point. People were acting like he was going to lose money without an agent. Making fun of him and his mom negotiating the contract. Calling him stupid and other names. He just signed the highest paying contract ever so maybe those people are the stupid ones.

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

He played the last 2 years if his contract on his rookie deal. Mahomes signed an extension 3 years into his rookie deal. Think an agent wouldn't have been pushing to have his MVP QB to play year 4 on a rookie deal because I sure as hell don't. 

You’re “speculating” he lost 70-80 million to save face.  We have no clue. What we do know is that him and his mom just negotiated the highest paying contract in nfl history.

23 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

That’s not the point. People were acting like he was going to lose money without an agent. Making fun of him and his mom negotiating the contract. Calling him stupid and other names. He just signed the highest paying contract ever so maybe those people are the stupid ones.

He didn't lose money, but that's also not like he got a massive increase in overall salary. And of course he didn't get the fully guaranteed deal.

He has a deal though. Next step is to see whether it works out for both he and the Ravens.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He didn't lose money, but that's also not like he got a massive increase in overall salary. And of course he didn't get the fully guaranteed deal.

He has a deal though. Next step is to see whether it works out for both he and the Ravens.

Whatever dude. He just signed the largest contract in nfl history. His side won.

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

His side won. Now we have to wait and see if his team can. 

I mean, sure, if you want to look at it that way. QBs are going to get paid, so if you have one that's actually worth a damn, you had better do some good budget planning. Their salaries are not going backwards.