• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which team ‘won’ round 1 and which team ‘bombed’

TheBigKat

5 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Taking a 25 year old who’s going to sit his whole rookie season due to injury in the first round? Thanks but no thanks.

Hooker was back on the field doing drop back drills two days ago.  I don't see him missing the season.  He may not be 100% for camp, but I think he's got a chance to play.

4 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Texans, a bad team with holes everywhere and just took a rookie QB who needs time to learn NFL offense playing for a raw, young coaching staff, trading their first rounder next year to move up for a defensive end

They could have traded up to 6-9 range for Wilson or Carter instead and not given up the 1st round pick

There's a very high chance that pick is top 10, they basically have to win the division now

Instantly lost the draft for them

Texans have a poor oline (other than Tunsil), poor wide receivers, and no one to mentor CJ Stroud unless you think his backup Davis Mills is that guy.  Bryce is in a much better position. I see CJ's first year mimicking Justin Field's and that will not be pretty.  

5 hours ago, Castavar said:

I would put the Falcons as a "bomb".

I get it, Bijan was the top rated RB, but have teams not learned that you just don't take RBs in the top 10? We had the most versatile RB in the NFL, and didn't win games. Saquon Barkley's team never does sh*t. Derrick Henry had some of the craziest seasons from a RB EVER, and only got to the AFC championship once. Dalvin Cook teams never did anything. Jonathan Taylor one of the best backs in the league, his teams never do anything. Not to mention, even if he DOES ball out, then you have to pay a RB top dollar on his next contract, and we've seen first hand how that works out.

SO GLAD the Falcons didn't take Jalen Carter lol

Yup.  I hope we never shell out a high draft pick or huge contract to a RB ever again.  Productive RBs are a dime a dozen these days, and you can find one in undrafted free agency.  The skill drop off between a first rounder and a seventh rounder is not that big today.

• Pie 1

The Texans were easily the #1 winner, drafting elite players at the two most important positions. Only time will tell if they’re able to successfully utilize them.

On paper the Eagles did really well, but one of the biggest red flags to me is if your college coaching staff doesn’t speak highly of you and Carters whole coaching staff hated him apparently.  

All of our division rivals failed at drafting this year, the only caveat being yea Bijan is good but not as good as CMC and we saw how much success he helped us have.  A top ten RB better be Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders rolled into one.  

And I dunno wtf Detroit thought they were doing. Probably the worst first round of anyone. 

The Bills also did well, only one pick but they navigated the board well and got a stud TE by trading ahead of the Cowboys who most likely would have taken him. Bonus points for screwing dem boys.