• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Depth Chart Projections

Mr. Scot

The defensive front 7 is the real mystery.  Which 4-3 DTs are sliding to end?  Which 4-3 DEs are moving to OLB?  Oustside of that, the depth chart isn't that difficult to predict. 

Chinn, I think, plays big nickle and primarily is a LB this season.

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

With the 7 remaining spots I think we bring in an OT, WR, TE, RB, edge/OLB, S and camp kicker.

Fitterer has indicated they're not necessarily going to fill all 90 spots.

(have to assume Reich agrees with this)

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I thought I saw him say not fill it all with UDFA's, keeping spots open for vets and XFL guys

Could turn out that way.

The quotes I've seen only said that we weren't necessarily going to fill all 90 spots. If there was a rationale given, I didn't see it quoted.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fitterer has indicated they're not necessarily going to fill all 90 spots.

(have to assume Reich agrees with this)

That was in reference to UDFA signings.

Edited by csx

25 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The defensive front 7 is the real mystery.  Which 4-3 DTs are sliding to end?  Which 4-3 DEs are moving to OLB?  Oustside of that, the depth chart isn't that difficult to predict. 

Chinn, I think, plays big nickle and primarily is a LB this season.

Defense is going to be tough to gauge.   Will Luvu stay at ILB?  Where will Tuttle play (End or NT)?  Will Rowe play CB?  What to do with YGM?  Will Robinson play nickel?  Will Roy, Taylor, and Franklin make the team?  Will either or all of the UDFAs Bumper Pool, Redmond, or Leota make the roster? 

I keep a depth chart to help me see the big picture--this is where I am.  The color coding:  Red text is a new free agent, blue shading is a new draft pick, Orange shading is a roster spot on the bubble, and gray shading represents an UDFA who could make the roster (does not mean he will or even probably will--it means that he has the skills to possibly challenge for position.)

Obviously, there are MANY ways to create a depth chart at this point, but this is where my head is right now--focused on finding the starting 25 for the defense, this features all players who might have a shot--in my view--as of May 1, 2023.

image.thumb.png.9872dda32fcea2f1f3acc137ebe55282.png

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Defense is going to be tough to gauge.   Will Luvu stay at ILB?  Where will Tuttle play (End or NT)?  Will Rowe play CB?  What to do with YGM?  Will Robinson play nickel?  Will Roy, Taylor, and Franklin make the team?  Will either or all of the UDFAs Bumper Pool, Redmond, or Leota make the roster? 

I keep a depth chart to help me see the big picture--this is where I am.  The color coding:  Red text is a new free agent, blue shading is a new draft pick, Orange shading is a roster spot on the bubble, and gray shading represents an UDFA who could make the roster (does not mean he will or even probably will--it means that he has the skills to possibly challenge for position.)

Obviously, there are MANY ways to create a depth chart at this point, but this is where my head is right now--focused on finding the starting 25 for the defense, this features all players who might have a shot--in my view--as of May 1, 2023.

I'd share that Franklin was one of the best special teamers in the league last year... he was even a pro bowl alternate. Id be surprised if he was on the bubble.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Smith, I think, will play outside.  Dude has too much speed to waste sifting through the trash.  I would honestly try to trade YGM.  He's an oddball at this point. 

Overall, looks pretty solid.