• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

11 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Poor kid was a product of the media hyping him up, same for Wilson and Jones. 

I was the tank engineer and my wish was always Lawrence with a Fields at worst. It still boggles my mind that Lawrence and Fields went almost wire to wire 1 and 2 for 3 years and somehow in a couple dazzling practice throws that two guys, and almost Jones, jumped between them. Not sure what the future lies for both of them but it certainly was not surprising to see what happened.

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

I was the tank engineer and my wish was always Lawrence with a Fields at worst. It still boggles my mind that Lawrence and Fields went almost wire to wire 1 and 2 for 3 years and somehow in a couple dazzling practice throws that two guys, and almost Jones, jumped between them. Not sure what the future lies for both of them but it certainly was not surprising to see what happened.

Then factor in the fact that the Niners traded two additional first round picks and a third to swap #12 for #3 to draft him.  It's not like they didn't know he was going to take some time to develop, in the best case scenario.

We'll see.  Lance is working with a pretty good offensive staff and environment to develop.  They might like to see some progress from him. 

If we had drafted him and he was struggling after surviving Moe, Larry, and Curley trying to develop him, things would be a bit less ominous.  But, if it doesn't take here shortly, he doesn't have a lot of excuses.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We haven't even seen the kid play yet. Im not writing off Lance until he gets some meaningful playing time. Injuries seem to be his biggest concern as of now.

Hi career stats though a small sample size are not horrible. Maybe a lower completion percentage than youd like to see but I agree he does need more time before the jury is out on him. I could see a team taking a chance and offering San Fran something for him like a third or fourth just to see if they would bite on it. If I had a good aging starter that needs someone to eventually take over I would consider throwing a fourth offer to them to see if I could keep developing him and eventually have him ready. He is definitely worth another shot with another team but I dont think he gets it with the 49ers

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We haven't even seen the kid play yet. Im not writing off Lance until he gets some meaningful playing time. Injuries seem to be his biggest concern as of now.

Lolllll put your pen away then my guy because he's not seeing the field. He's behind Brock obviously and Sam D when do you expect him to see meaningful playing time?

3 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Hi career stats though a small sample size are not horrible. Maybe a lower completion percentage than youd like to see but I agree he does need more time before the jury is out on him. I could see a team taking a chance and offering San Fran something for him like a third or fourth just to see if they would bite on it. If I had a good aging starter that needs someone to eventually take over I would consider throwing a fourth offer to them to see if I could keep developing him and eventually have him ready. He is definitely worth another shot with another team but I dont think he gets it with the 49ers

Agreed. I just want the kid to get a fair shot at playing before we judge him. People calling him a bust is unfair until we actually see him play games.

San Fransico is literally the perfect place for both Purdy and Lance. The coaches seem to think Purdy is the better QB so far. That could change down the line but you never know with injuries and stuff like that.

I thought Darnold would be opening day starter honestly. But Purdy seems to be ahead of schedule.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Lolllll put your pen away then my guy because he's not seeing the field. He's behind Brock obviously and Sam D when do you expect him to see meaningful playing time?

Injuries can happen. Im not even saying it will be in San Fran. They might trade him for all we know. All im saying it is unfair to write his career off when he hasn't really played.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Ummm preseason out there a lot would be my first guess. See how he does and where he falls in terms of the depth chart after that if he remains healthy.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Agreed. I just want the kid to get a fair shot at playing before we judge him. People calling him a bust is unfair until we actually see him play games.

San Fransico is literally the perfect place for both Purdy and Lance. The coaches seem to think Purdy is the better QB so far. That could change down the line but you never know with injuries and stuff like that.

I thought Darnold would be opening day starter honestly. But Purdy seems to be ahead of schedule.

Agreed. Injuries have really screwed him. If he can somehow keep away from the injury bug he could be pretty decent if he gets a chance to develop.

• Pie 1

Someone has a temper problem.

This was not the first time Kelce got involved in a heated scuffle during the training camp. The day before, he had a confrontation with a referee, which included more than usual extracurricular activity during practice.

Additionally, Kelce had a previous altercation with cornerback Dicaprio Bootle, who also attempted to swipe at the ball after the play had ended. Safety Bryan Cook and running back La'Mical Perine had to intervene to separate them.

"Gotta be a better teammate gotta be a better leader... plain and simple," Kelce tweeted on Saturday.

https://www.marca.com/en/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/2023/07/30/64c62c0ee2704eb9a98b45c2.html

6bbR.gif

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sony-michel-abruptly-retires-from-nfl-two-time-super-bowl-winning-running-back-calls-it-quits-at-age-28/

Sony Michel has decided to retire. 

McVay said the running back officially gave him the news during a meeting early Saturday. 

"We got a chance to meet [Saturday] morning and he was just kind of letting me know how his body was feeling and just some of his thoughts," McVay said of Michel. "And I think the most important thing is that he has clarity and feels at peace with the decision and what a competitor. I was sad for us, but I was happy for him and I know he gave a lot to this game and he can be really proud of everything that he's done and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next in his next chapter."

Michel's surprising decision to retire comes barely one month after he had made the decision to return to the Rams. After winning a Super Bowl with the Rams in 2021, Michel signed with the Chargers in 2022 before making the decision to re-sign with McVay's team late last month. 

...Michel only played five seasons