• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have one of NFL's most 'obsessive' fanbases

TheCasillas

3 hours ago, CatMan72 said:

Also…

Average ticket price for a Canes game is $60 with a seating capacity of 18k

Average ticket price for a Panthers game is $239 with a seating capacity of 70k

So using turnout at a Canes game as evidence of more dedicated fans is absurd.

There’s 41 home games a year. There’s 8/9 in the NFL. Bad take. 

4 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

Using Canes attendance to suggest Panthers attendance would be better in Raleigh is an absurd take. 

I do agree there. But the comparative of Canes ticket prices to Panthers tickets is absurd. The Raleigh area would support the Panthers well, but the Panthers are better suited for Charlotte. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Pie 2

15 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We have one of the weaker fanbases for sure. We had the #1 pick in the draft and I only saw 9 Panther fans in the crowd.

BOA is 60/40 on a good day. Charlotte is flooded with fans of other teams.

I keep saying this, but the crowd support would be much higher if the team was moved to Raleigh. Just something about Charlotte the crowd is just not loud enough. The Hornets games are the same way smh.

Tired of this schtick, if you guys in Raleigh care that fuging much just drive to Charlotte, foh. 

The Hornet and Panthers are for the whole state, the panthers are for 2 states, not just Charlotte. Thats just where the stadium is. If the stadium was in Raleigh it would still be overrun with steelers/cowboys/etc fans over Panthers fans. 

It is a 2 hr 30m drive from Raleigh to Charlotte, hardly a deal breaker....

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1

14 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Location definitely plays a huge part imo. Raleigh is located right in the heart of NC. Charlotte on the other hand is damn near in South Carolina. It makes more sense from a travel standpoint just to move all the pro teams to the heart of NC imo.

I get it man, ride for your city, but a lot of your argument is just inaccurate.

PNC is loud and I'd go to every single Canes game if I could swing it.  But there's a big difference in filling a 20k seat indoor arena vs a 75k seat outdoor stadium.  ESPECIALLY when the product on the field is almost always bad.

Also, as much as I loathe the entire state of SC, the Panthers still claim them.  Moving to Raleigh would basically alienate a large portion of the fan base.

Raleigh is cool, but it would make very minimal difference in attendance if the team was moved there.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Skack25 said:

I get it man, ride for your city, but a lot of your argument is just inaccurate.

PNC is loud and I'd go to every single Canes game if I could swing it.  But there's a big difference in filling a 20k seat indoor arena vs a 75k seat outdoor stadium.  ESPECIALLY when the product on the field is almost always bad.

Also, as much as I loathe the entire state of SC, the Panthers still claim them.  Moving to Raleigh would basically alienate a large portion of the fan base.

Raleigh is cool, but it would make very minimal difference in attendance if the team was moved there.

CLT isn't the problem. Reference the original and "real" Hornets who led the NBA in attendance for quite a while. 

NC and CLT can get behind a team and they have the Panthers for significant stretches. The problem is that most fans are pretty sick of the product on the field. Additionally the NFL has made going to games wildly expensive for the average fan and prioritized the TV product versus the live product. I get the reasons why, they are certainly financially sound. It just also comes at a cost when you stink as a team.

If we were in the midst of 6 straight 10+ win seasons and a consistent title contender, this wouldn't be a discussion at all.

• Pie 5

35 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

Canes can't even get people in Raleigh to show up unless they're winning. 

Between 2015-2018 avg. attendance was only 67% of capacity. 

And yet the Canes still have a Cup. Panthers have won nothing unfortunately. I don’t know why this is turning into a Canes vs Panthers thing but the Hurricanes are the better organization. Full stop. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery

2 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

And yet the Canes still have a Cup. Panthers have won nothing unfortunately. I don’t know why this is turning into a Canes vs Panthers thing but the Hurricanes are the better organization. Full stop. 

Championships have nothing to do with attendance or passion of the fans. If it did, the Bills would have multiple Lombardi trophies.

It's not a Canes vs. Panthers thing, I only mentioned Canes because they were brought up as evidence of Raleigh having more passionate fans. I personally have nothing against the Canes or Raleigh, but the idea that it's better market for the NFL than Charlotte is laughable. 

Edited by CatMan72
  • Pie 1