• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Devils Round 2 Game 3 3:30 puck drop

2 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

I wonder if having Timo back and the new Hughs bro is giving the devils some better offense. Something changed. Though our D and goalie play was poor.

To be fair our defense kept us far in games one and two. I think rod was sending a message this game. Goalies gotta step up. Can’t always relay on last change defense. 

Honestly not worried at all.

I was worried after game three against New York as it was one of the worst games I’ve seen us play this year.

As for this game, we’re a few inches away from scoring 7 goals and there’s no chance in hell we are giving up 8 again.

We’re fine.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 5

17 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

I wonder if having Timo back and the new Hughs bro is giving the devils some better offense. Something changed. Though our D and goalie play was poor.

Less that - more way too many odd man rushes allowed. We did a great job limiting them game 1 and Freddie bailed us out a bit in game 2 with them. I don't know if our defense was drunk or what but they played a terrible positioning game today. They were aggressive when they shouldn't have been and passive when they should have. Very uncharacteristic of them and hopefully we don't see another game like this on D the rest of the playoffs.

I think it also is in part because we can't linematch on the road. I think a big part of why we are so much better at home vs. the road is because line matching is probably most important to us than any other team in the NHL.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Honestly not worried at all.

I was worried after game three against New York as it was one of the worst games I’ve seen us play this year.

As for this game, we’re a few inches away from scoring 7 goals and there’s no chance in hell we are giving up 8 again.

We’re fine.

I literally came here to post that exact same thing and you beat me to it. Well said. I’m not worried at all. Will take game four. 

• Pie 3