• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs Devils Game 5 Round 2 7pm

19 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Couldn't happen to a sweeter man... lmao

Same time next year, Erik?!?

image.png.34ce76d2cbc65a3aa6295c43c4075b6f.png

In all honesty, I don't understand why Canes fans have such a dislike for the guy. It's not like he told everyone to fug off and wanted out. He played 41 total games for Carolina and the Canes gave up Oscar Plandowski and Nicholas Roy. Within 8 months the Canes traded him to Florida for one Vincent Trocheck in February 2020.

The Canes were on the best end of both deals and Haula contributed 22 points in those 41 games. He was a rental.

WTF, peeps, he's playing his game and having a good career. Let the man be.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

image.png.34ce76d2cbc65a3aa6295c43c4075b6f.png

In all honesty, I don't understand why Canes fans have such a dislike for the guy. It's not like he told everyone to fug off and wanted out. He played 41 total games for Carolina and the Canes gave up Oscar Plandowski and Nicholas Roy. Within 8 months the Canes traded him to Florida for one Vincent Trocheck in February 2020.

The Canes were on the best end of both deals and Haula contributed 22 points in those 41 games. He was a rental.

WTF, peeps, he's playing his game and having a good career. Let the man be.

I think it had to do with him being a goon during the Nashville series a few years ago. Don’t blame him for playing with a chip on his shoulder, but that’s why IMO. 

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

I think it had to do with him being a goon during the Nashville series a few years ago. Don’t blame him for playing with a chip on his shoulder, but that’s why IMO. 

This

19 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Also his wife made some very disparaging remarks about the city and team when they left. 

And this

I liked Haula when he was on the team. But, all the cheap shots and snide comments since he left have soured the fanbase on him. It also seems pretty clear the players didn't care for him much either. Mike and Tripp have even brought up the fact that there is "no love lost there."

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

What did she say ?

In regards to her husband being a healthy scratch, she posted on IG:

"dont allow your loyalty to become slavery. it they aren't appreciating what you bring to the table, let them eat alone."

only place I found it:

• Pie 4

11 hours ago, TheCandyMan said:

In regards to her husband being a healthy scratch, she posted on IG:

"dont allow your loyalty to become slavery. it they aren't appreciating what you bring to the table, let them eat alone."

only place I found it:

Again, he was here for half a season. And, yeah, I get he might not have appreciated RBA's approach to the game, that's his loss. Had he gotten onboard and committed to the system, he might still be here with a really nice career instead of bouncing from one place to the next.

But, it all seems petty at this point. After all, it was a few years ago.

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Again, he was here for half a season. And, yeah, I get he might not have appreciated RBA's approach to the game, that's his loss. Had he gotten onboard and committed to the system, he might still be here with a really nice career instead of bouncing from one place to the next.

But, it all seems petty at this point. After all, it was a few years ago.

Yup. I was just answering the question of what did she say.  The hurricanes handled the situation fine.  

Haula’s our bitch, so he can act however he wants. He was out for blood during the Nashville series and for that I will always celebrate his on-ice misery. 

• Beer 2