• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers over/under win totals

NAS

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

7.5?  Damn. 

I think that's pretty spot on. I would say 7-10 wins are about the band I would expect to see us be. Anything less or more would be a surprised. 

It is a lot of turnover on the roster and obviously with the staff. I would say we probably shouldn't be expecting Superb Owl's in Year One.

1-5 in the division (possible 0-6). 4-13 overall (possible 2-15).

I know people don't want to think it, but this will be a rough season. It'll be even tougher come the 2024 draft with Caleb Williams and Drake Maye on the board. You thought the 2023 QB debate was tough?

There is some promise with the offensive staff over the next 3 to 5 years, but the trust in this front office is going to waste their coaching window.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 5

5 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

I know people don't want to think it, but this will be a rough season. It'll be even tougher come the 2024 draft with Caleb Williams and Drake Maye on the board. You thought the 2023 QB debate was tough?

There is some promise with the offensive staff over the next 3 to 5 years, but the trust in this front office is going to waste their coaching window.

Caleb Williams is the clear cut #1 QB next year and this is coming froma UNC fan.

I love Maye but I feel he is getting overrated. He played in a weak conference and had a terrible end to the season. He's great don't get me wrong but I don't think he is on Caleb Williams level as a talent. 

15 minutes ago, ickmule said:

8 games tops. Said it before a day or so ago.  That’s about all we should expect. 

Did you see our schedule?

That would be a failure especially with this hyped coaching staff. We have to hold these coaches accountable. Our roster is legit. No more excuses. Rhule is long gone.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think that's pretty spot on. I would say 7-10 wins are about the band I would expect to see us be. Anything less or more would be a surprised. 

It is a lot of turnover on the roster and obviously with the staff. I would say we probably shouldn't be expecting Superb Owl's in Year One.

Big difference between 7 and 10

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, NAS said:

Big difference between 7 and 10

Honestly, in a 17 game schedule, not a ton. That could be the difference between a couple of key injuries or just bad luck. 

I would be fine with anything in that range depending on the circumstances and how we look/play.

5 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

2-15 as a possibility? How is this talk allowed. Rookie or not, this is preposterous.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Damn if we’re gonna accept 7 or 8 wins, we should’ve just left the roster/staff the same. I’d be highly disappointed if we’re not over.500 and battling for a division championship.

Thank you for having expectation! Personally I’ve had none with this franchise for over 5 years and maybe it’s jumping the gun but I’m not limiting us to mediocrity.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

2-15 as a possibility? How is this talk allowed. Rookie or not, this is preposterous.

What is preposterous is saying Young has a high probability of getting to 9 wins or more. 2 to 4 wins is typical. For the amount the Panthers paid, he should have a winning season in year 1.

Peyton Manning 3 wins (failed with original coach)

John Elway 4 wins (failed with original coach)

Steve Young 1 win (failed with drafted team)

Troy Aikman 0 wins

Joe Namath 3 wins

Terry Bradshaw 3 wins

Jim Plunkett 6 wins (failed with drafted team)

Eli Manning 1 win

Matthew Stafford 2 wins (failed with drafted team)

All the SB winning QBs selected #1. Their rookie wins. Average is 2.6 wins.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

What is preposterous is saying Young has a high probability of getting to 9 wins or more. 2 to 4 wins is typical. For the amount the Panthers paid, he should have a winning season in year 1.

Peyton Manning 3 wins (failed with original coach)

John Elway 4 wins (failed with original coach)

Steve Young 1 win (failed with drafted team)

Troy Aikman 0 wins

Joe Namath 3 wins

Terry Bradshaw 3 wins

Jim Plunkett 6 wins (failed with drafted team)

Eli Manning 1 win

Matthew Stafford 2 wins (failed with drafted team)

All the SB winning QBs selected #1. Their rookie wins. Average is 2.6 wins.

Terrible take, they were on rebuilding teams with little talent around them. Panthers picked #1 because they traded up. They would have been a playoff team last year with a decent QB play and Bryce Young is as NFL ready as any QB in history 

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1