• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

Interesting point from Hornets Reddit

We were 6th in 3 pt shooting in the 2021-2022 season. Then we lost bridges and we ended up a bottom 5 3 pt shooting team this past season. All because we lost our main inside scoring threat who opened up the floor and all we have are guys who can just camp the 3 pt line.

If we really do lose Bridges for good, do we want to add Miller where all of our guys will just sit at the 3 pt line?

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Wembanyama looks so much like Ralph Sampson who could also shoot and was super skilled.  He hasn’t faced tough down low bruisers like he will see in the NBA.  Can he last?  It will be very interesting watching him through a long and grueling NBA season.

He looks a lot like Chet Holmgren if you compare him to current NBA players.  Interesting 

His shooting ability is extremely rare though.  Damn he is a skilled shooter 

His shooting looks good but he was actually pretty bad from 3 this past season at 28%.

Can he stay healthy will be his biggest threat. Last guy that tall didn't have a very long career aka Yao Ming.

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

His shooting looks good but he was actually pretty bad from 3 this past season at 28%.

Can he stay healthy will be his biggest threat. Last guy that tall didn't have a very long career aka Yao Ming.

Yao is a Hall of Famer and was much thicker in his body and frame.  This guy is very thin.  Skill wise its amazing but he hasn’t played NBA centers.  He isn’t a sure thing especially long term in the league.

I think Scoot does have an argument as the best player in the draft.  If Brandon Miller comes out with shorts on fire and works everyday to be great he is going to be crazy.  You can’t guard that kind of size and talent.  Will he do that though?  My only question with him.  He is nuts as a talent

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

It's crazy how the NBA gets to scour the globe for potential guys and yet if you pick #2 in the draft you get a project guy. Then again I don't think there's been a legit game changer taken at 1 in like 10 years, maybe Zion if he could keep it together physically

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Yao is a Hall of Famer and was much thicker in his body and frame.  This guy is very thin.  Skill wise its amazing but he hasn’t played NBA centers.  He isn’t a sure thing especially long term in the league.

I think Scoot does have an argument as the best player in the draft.  If Brandon Miller comes out with shorts on fire and works everyday to be great he is going to be crazy.  You can’t guard that kind of size and talent.  Will he do that though?  My only question with him.  He is nuts as a talent

Brandon Miller scores more points than Scoot and according to you he's doesn't have the work ethic as Scoot.

That right there tells me who has the higher ceiling. One guy can get 40 in his sleep. The other guy has never seen 40 points all last season.

Miller gives me a PG/Tatum/Ingram vibe. If he can already shoot imagine when he cleans up the little things like ball handling and strength. You looking at another high scoring elite wing talent.

• Pie 1

The workouts will give me a clearer picture.. If Scoot can becomes a Donovan Mitchell.. Then we might have something.. If he can improve his shot and guard bigger players.. Then yes him and Lamelo can work.. If he can do all that and become a point of attack defender then he’s definitely the pick.. But right now Miller is the better fit and prospects..

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Man feel free to google Miller and research his involvement with whatever is out there.  The Hornets can absolutely pass on him and IMO should.  Off the court is one thing but I seriously think Scoot is the better player.  Having Terry feels redundant but we need to trade Terry anyway.  Miller without any red flags and playing lights out every day would have changed that but he didn’t and wasn’t that guy for many games at Bama including the NCAA tournament.

Miller is at worst immature as hell but I would be worried picking him that high without knowing how much he really wants to succeed in this league.  His talent is really nice, I won’t deny it

What are you talking about.. Dude avg. 19pts and 8 rebs a game.. You don’t do that if you’re not consistently playing good most of the year..

• Pie 1

Watch scoot or Miller go number 1 and we get Victor only for him to be fragile and him and melo trade spots on bench all season. Lol. Shouldn't speak that evil but it reeks of Hornets luck. Personally I like scoot at PG and Melo at SG.  It won't really be SG and PG really cause both will move the ball down court. Kinda like Monta and Curry it will be a small ball backcourt with a combination of our young bigs in the frontcourt. I see nothing wrong with it.  Add a guy hopefully at SF in the later pick and hope he gets it quick. 

12 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Watch scoot or Miller go number 1 and we get Victor only for him to be fragile and him and melo trade spots on bench all season. Lol. Shouldn't speak that evil but it reeks of Hornets luck. Personally I like scoot at PG and Melo at SG.  It won't really be SG and PG really cause both will move the ball down court. Kinda like Monta and Curry it will be a small ball backcourt with a combination of our young bigs in the frontcourt. I see nothing wrong with it.  Add a guy hopefully at SF in the later pick and hope he gets it quick. 

You might be the only person on earth who thinks Wemby is not going #1.

16 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Brandon Miller scores more points than Scoot and according to you he's doesn't have the work ethic as Scoot.

That right there tells me who has the higher ceiling. One guy can get 40 in his sleep. The other guy has never seen 40 points all last season.

Miller gives me a PG/Tatum/Ingram vibe. If he can already shoot imagine when he cleans up the little things like ball handling and strength. You looking at another high scoring elite wing talent.

He gets knocked bc he has that effortless type game! When people compare him to Horry or Jabari... its absurd. Jabari has always been mechanical  in his play. Horry was a spot up shooter.  Brandon has shown he can handle the ball efficiently  and pass. He has the most diverse game of any prospect in the Draft when you consider age/height/talent.  Scoot and Melo having a connection  is cool but Miller would help Mark Williams game be even more dominant. If somehow we keep a starting lineup of Melo Miles Miller Pj(who I don't care if he leaves) and Mark... that gives you great defense 1-5 with switchable  players. On offense it gives you 4 guys who could attack the paint or nail a 3... Mark would become a double double monster due to spacing. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1