• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

LMAO Wemby had a better game.

28 points lol

Meanwhile Brandon Miller dropping 41 with the media on his ass...

I mean we cant draft Wemby lmao. Only bad highlights are him going after Wemby and getting blocked and you would expect that with a foot and a half difference lol. He kept going after him too. The dude has that dog mentality that you want in the NBA. I don't see his play not translating to the NBA. 

You keep bringing up Miller scoring 41 against the Gamecocks lmao. Like come on dude. Gamecocks have been trash at basketball  since Renaldo Balkman left. I feel like G League games are way more meaningful than NCAA. 

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

I mean we cant draft Wemby lmao. Only bad highlights are him going after Wemby and getting blocked and you would expect that with a foot and a half difference lol. He kept going after him too. The dude has that dog mentality that you want in the NBA. I don't see his play not translating to the NBA. 

You keep bringing up Miller scoring 41 against the Gamecocks lmao. Like come on dude. Gamecocks have been trash at basketball  since Renaldo Balkman left. I feel like G League games are way more meaningful than NCAA. 

Im cool with Scoot. Just not the best fit with Melo.

If we do draft Scoot I think we should hire Dantoni and run that fast pace system with 2 guards who thrive on the fast break. At least we will be exciting to watch.

Say we draft Scoot.

Do we put him at pg and move Melo to sg or vice versa? 

You dont really need to designate one a point guard and one the shooting guard, just run 2 guards that can handle the ball and adapt based on how people play us. Have Scoot guard the more dangerous guard on the other team. I think Melo will greatly benefit having a guy next to him that can handle and drive as well as Scoot does.

• Pie 1

Yeah and Miller already has a 3 point shot.

Give me the 6'9 wing who can play multiple positions and shoot the lights out.

Can he really play multiple positions though?  He is a lightweight at SF. He is tall at SG but not exactly a big SG.  I prefer a prototype SG at like 6'6" 220.  He has as much positional versatility as scoot. Scoot is a PG/$G and Miller is a SG/SF. Miller is gonna have to hit the gym to become a SF. He is playing SG his rookie season mostly. Scoot can play SG and PG from day one and with healthy minutes at either. As far as shooting the lights out. I think Miller is hot and cold. I don't see the consistent "lights out" you do. Scoot is a dawg. He gonna make things happen every night, whether he shooting lights out or not. Man, we can find a streaky SG/SF with height and length at 27. Hell, probably in the second round this year.  He's gonna make a heck of a role player on a contending team but Scoot has star power.  Agree to disagree but I don't trust Melo to stay healthy anymore and my plan is is make the combo in the backcourt of Melo and Scoot work and if Melo can't play we got a backup plan. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Agree to disagree but I don't trust Melo to stay healthy anymore and my plan is is make the combo in the backcourt of Melo and Scoot work and if Melo can't play we got a backup plan. 

I already think Scoot is the better prospect at 2 but this reason also factors into why I want Scoot more. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Can he really play multiple positions though?  He is a lightweight at SF. He is tall at SG but not exactly a big SG.  I prefer a prototype SG at like 6'6" 220.  He has as much positional versatility as scoot. Scoot is a PG/$G and Miller is a SG/SF. Miller is gonna have to hit the gym to become a SF. He is playing SG his rookie season mostly. Scoot can play SG and PG from day one and with healthy minutes at either. As far as shooting the lights out. I think Miller is hot and cold. I don't see the consistent "lights out" you do. Scoot is a dawg. He gonna make things happen every night, whether he shooting lights out or not. Man, we can find a streaky SG/SF with height and length at 27. Hell, probably in the second round this year.  He's gonna make a heck of a role player on a contending team but Scoot has star power.  Agree to disagree but I don't trust Melo to stay healthy anymore and my plan is is make the combo in the backcourt of Melo and Scoot work and if Melo can't play we got a backup plan. 

Man that’s like saying don’t draft Durant bc he’s too skinny. Nearly every 19/20yr old has to put on some weight for the NBA come on.

• Pie 1

On 5/25/2023 at 7:15 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

How can Scoot be a #1 when Miller is a better shooter and scorer?

Miller is a better shooter yes but to say that automatically translates to a better scorer is just flat wrong. Taking someone off the dribble and finishing in the paint or shooting a midrange that is scoring as well. 

What it boils down to is this:  

I am more confident that Scoot can develop his 3 point shot over Miller being able to improve his athleticism and start taking people off the dribble.  

9 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Man, I have been wanting Scoot to team up with Melo and didn't even consider this point and to be honest this is super valid as well. We have a running mate with Melo if Melo is able to stay healthy. Pretty much just switching Terry for Scoot which is an obvious upgrade. Then we have a backup option in case injuries happen as well. I didn't think I would get talked in to wanting Scoot more but you did it! 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im cool with Scoot. Just not the best fit with Melo.

If we do draft Scoot I think we should hire Dantoni and run that fast pace system with 2 guards who thrive on the fast break. At least we will be exciting to watch.

Great idea because we are not all that exciting to watch presently.

11 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Hit the gym to play sf?

He's a wing bro, he's not guarding Jokic or Embiid. This is a 3pt shooting league he can play sg/sf/stretch pf.

3 hours ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Miller is a better shooter yes but to say that automatically translates to a better scorer is just flat wrong. Taking someone off the dribble and finishing in the paint or shooting a midrange that is scoring as well. 

What it boils down to is this:  

I am more confident that Scoot can develop his 3 point shot over Miller being able to improve his athleticism and start taking people off the dribble.  

Are you even watching his film?

He takes people off the dribble if you actually watch his full game highlights. You think he would be a top 3 pick if he was just a spot up 3pt shooter?

His pro ceiling comp is Paul George. Last time I checked PG could create his own offense. Miller did that in college, it's just they used him a lot coming off screens and set plays. When it was crunchtime he would create off the dribble. Even had a GW vs SC off the dribble driving to the paint.

2 hours ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Man, I have been wanting Scoot to team up with Melo and didn't even consider this point and to be honest this is super valid as well. We have a running mate with Melo if Melo is able to stay healthy. Pretty much just switching Terry for Scoot which is an obvious upgrade. Then we have a backup option in case injuries happen as well. I didn't think I would get talked in to wanting Scoot more but you did it! 

The elephant in the room nobody is adressing is we already have a Scoot kind of player with Dennis Smith Jr.

DSJ emergence last year is yet another reason why I think the pick will be Miller. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The elephant in the room nobody is adressing is we already have a Scoot kind of player with Dennis Smith Jr.

DSJ emergence last year is yet another reason why I think the pick will be Miller. 

Elephant in room? DSJ is a reason not to take Scoot. Jesus man that makes absolutely no sense at all. A 6 yr PG who was almost out of the league and came and is a solid backup to 3rd string PG is really a reason for not picking Scoot?? I like Miller and would be fine drafting him but this take is worse than the ones you are complaining about that are only talking about Millers off court issues. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Elephant in room? DSJ is a reason not to take Scoot. Jesus man that makes absolutely no sense at all. A 6 yr PG who was almost out of the league and came and is a solid backup to 3rd string PG is really a reason for not picking Scoot?? I like Miller and would be fine drafting him but this take is worse than the ones you are complaining about that are only talking about Millers off court issues. 

I didn't say that. Im saying he is a similar player to Scoot. And given the uncertainty with PJ and Bridges I think we will take Miller.

I could be wrong, but it's just an opinion.