• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

39 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

They trade Pesce and Drury for EK at 35% retained.  7.5 cap space for a 7.45 hit. Add a third team to retain extra and easily fits in the cap space.  

Better yet, trade Pesce and Drury for the best wing you can find and get a couple extensions done to relieve the pressure on next year's cap.

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Better yet, trade Pesce and Drury for the best wing you can find and get a couple extensions done to relieve the pressure on next year's cap.

I disagree on Drury. He’s definitely our best trade deadline asset. Keep him until then in case we get another svech type injury. And pull the playoff cap trick. 

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I disagree on Drury. He’s definitely our best trade deadline asset. Keep him until then in case we get another svech type injury. And pull the playoff cap trick. 

Except that Drury has already asked to be traded. Unless RBA and Waddell have had a sit-down with him and brought him around, he's not playing to his max effort if he doesn't want to be here.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Except that Drury has already asked to be traded. Unless RBA and Waddell have had a sit-down with him and brought him around, he's not playing to his max effort if he doesn't want to be here.

That was before he was brought into the lineup due to svech if I’m not mistaken. 

• Pie 1

On 7/11/2023 at 5:33 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

I’m in the minority but I like this move.

You pay $800K for a guy to sit in the press box and protect your star players when need be.

It also gives the other team something to think about knowing the Canes now have a goon.

Lived in New England and went to many Bruin games in the late 60's and 70's - that to me was the best hockey ever. the games today don't even compare, lets scrap the woke politically correct gentlemanly crap from the game and let the boys go at.

• Poo 2

On 7/11/2023 at 12:53 PM, Anybodyhome said:

Oh, wtf....

image.thumb.png.b212cde1ecbd0c8525b4aaa8996b5dea.png

image.thumb.png.0f1a600f6d2d50b2b125f36e23abfad8.png

This does nothing for Carolina. As a matter of fact, it's subtraction by addition. The guy is a penalty machine (484 PIM in 275 games).

I don't fugging understand this move at all except to say, are the Canes now playing guys to be healthy scratches every game? I wouldn't let this guy on the ice between periods, let alone when the game is in the balance. May as well have kept Stastny or Stepan.

You bring up some valid points.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, organicrusty1201 said:

Lived in New England and went to many Bruin games in the late 60's and 70's - that to me was the best hockey ever. the games today don't even compare, lets scrap the woke politically correct gentlemanly crap from the game and let the boys go at.

We picked up Brendan Lemieux. Done.

lol

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I believe prospect camp is now over. Heard some good things about Nadeau, Perron, Blake, and Robidas.

I’m newer to the sport of hockey so I would never portray myself as having a keen eye for identifying upcoming hockey talent but I was impressed by what I saw from Morrow, Nystrom and Perets. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Canesfan said:

I’m newer to the sport of hockey so I would never portray myself as having a keen eye for identifying upcoming hockey talent but I was impressed by what I saw from Morrow, Nystrom and Perets. 

Awesome, thanks for the info!

I completely forgot about Perets, it’ll be interesting to see where he plays this year since we don’t have an AHL team right now and he’s done with college.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1