• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

4 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Hopefully it’ll be Svechnikov once he’s back and a lot rides on Jarvis making a big jump.

If Svech becomes the elite goal scorer, Jarvis makes a big jump, Teravainen has a rebound season, and Bunting gets us 20 or so goals, then we’ll be in fine shape.

Obviously a lot of if’s there.

Agree, and let’s not forget Marty Necas breakout reg season with 28 G and a team leading 71 points. Bunting had 23 G 49 P last reg season that should help as well.

Turbo just did not look healthy to me for much of the latter part of the season. I hope he’s fully recovered from whatever was sapping his energy.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, OUCPFL said:

That should've been the motto the past few years...........hasn't happened. 

right but you can't have that cake and eat it too. the prospects we've been building because we haven't given it all up at the deadline are the tools we can use this year to beat out anyone for whoever we might want. anyone who wants to go back and demand we have retroactively acquired temo meier---did not watch the playoffs.

• Pie 1

Canes Acquire David Kase From Philadelphia

Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has acquired forward David Kase from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for forward Massimo Rizzo and a fifth-round pick in the 2025 NHL Draft.

"David is an intelligent forward who competes hard on both ends of the ice and will add to our organizational depth," said Waddell.

HOFPGMDW out chea skatin circles around the rest of the NHL suits!!!

FpcxtnOXEAMbXzG.thumb.png.6e66c33fc35ea5d221c7a52c3bfdeab0.png

STAN LEAK UP!!!

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Many are speculating that this is Carolina’s way of making up for the TDA situation that the league got involved in.

Nah bro! This dude with 1 goal in 7 games in 3 seasons is forreal forreal the missing peice we need to finally hoist...

il_fullxfull.2993998856_loec.jpg

Edited by Stumpy
  • Flames 2

7 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Ya no. Do not rush him. Isn’t late December the medical date? 

I agree we don't want to rush him in any way.  One thing I posted back when he injured his knee was that it wasn't a complete tear of the ACL and that was good news.  In fact, Svech wanted to brace his knee and continue playing but got shut down by RBA and the committee. 

So his recovery time isn't as long as a full tear, but I am right there with you - give him the most time to rehab and strengthen that knee/leg as much as possible. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I agree we don't want to rush him in any way.  One thing I posted back when he injured his knee was that it wasn't a complete tear of the ACL and that was good news.  In fact, Svech wanted to brace his knee and continue playing but got shut down by RBA and the committee. 

So his recovery time isn't as long as a full tear, but I am right there with you - give him the most time to rehab and strengthen that knee/leg as much as possible. 

We don’t need him until late December anyways. If Aho/Staal can rally the boys. Get some season under our belt. I’d say hold him until after the Allstar. But that wouldn’t happen. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Sorry, I'm kinda pissed. I really like this kid and I think he'd fit really well in RBA's system and he could have been signed for cheap. A 6'2" 230lb left wing with the proven skill set to score 25-30 a year. 10th overall pick in the 2014 draft and he's only 27. He's been wandering around the past couple years, but he was solid his first 5 years in Anaheim.

Nick Ritchie is still unsigned. But the Canes signed LeMieux instead.

image.thumb.png.2ccef5da7d537a27da6a9e9f9485dcf3.png

image.thumb.png.8577d475c632da7e21fc7e51976f10b7.png

Edited by Anybodyhome

8 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Sorry, I'm kinda pissed. I really like this kid and I think he'd fit really well in RBA's system and he could have been signed for cheap. A 6'2" 230lb left wing with the proven skill set to score 25-30 a year. 10th overall pick in the 2014 draft and he's only 27. He's been wandering around the past couple years, but he was solid his first 5 years in Anaheim.

Nick Ritchie is still unsigned. But the Canes signed LeMieux instead.

image.thumb.png.2ccef5da7d537a27da6a9e9f9485dcf3.png

image.thumb.png.8577d475c632da7e21fc7e51976f10b7.png

Well when we are knocked out of the playoffs again, maybe Waddell will finally address our need instead of fixing everything else but what it actually is.