• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deandre Hopkins is a FA

Seltzer

56 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Just curious how much are you expecting him to sign for?

To me? It all comes down to how badly he really wants to play for a non-contender.

So...The better the team, the less money he'd need. Conversely, the worse the team? The more money it will take.

He's already stated he won't play for a rook, or a non-contender. So, it would cost us close to that 18mil number.

He may go for 15mil to a contender.

And if no contender calls? He just may sit out.

IMO, this is an evaluation year. And Hops doesn't fit that game plan.

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I don't want them if they only balling out for a contract.

If they good they will ballout out regardless of contract. People need to understand Hopkins is a #1 WR point blank. You want to win games then you sign him. If you think we in a rebuild then let the young guys play. 

I see the point and for sure, I agree with the sentiment. But it is a brutal game and an NFL career is over in a blink of an eye. Everybody is balling out for a contract. It might not be the first thing out of their mouths or front and center in the attitude they approach the game with, but ultimately money is the driver for most players. There are probably a handful of guys that would play for minimum wage (exaggerating for clarity), but I suspect this is the exception. 

7 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Our WR group has a ton of talent.  Not to mention a QB that could make them all look very good.  I would spend 15 mil or so elsewhere personally.  Pass

First, there are a bunch of young WR with potential. The only way to bring out that potential is through playing. 

Second, adding Hops takes what 70+ snaps away from the kids who actually need them.

Third, we absolutely need to find out what we have at the WR position. More snaps equal better evaluations.

Fourth, if Bryce even come close to ROY, it will be because the WRs as a group pulled their weight.

Lastly, as you said, there are far more pressing needs for that money.  

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

He was due 19 mil from the Cardinals this season before they decided to cut him, and no team picked up that check in a trade, so at least we know that no team will likely be offering him more than that. 

Well, I said 18MIL. So, I guess I'm still in the running.

1 hour ago, Gerry Green said:

Well, I said 18MIL. So, I guess I'm still in the running.

Look at his last two years. He's not getting 18 and no contender can afford close to what he would want.  I think you're way over valuing him and he is too. That's why he remains unsigned

Edited by toldozer

3 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I see the point and for sure, I agree with the sentiment. But it is a brutal game and an NFL career is over in a blink of an eye. Everybody is balling out for a contract. It might not be the first thing out of their mouths or front and center in the attitude they approach the game with, but ultimately money is the driver for most players. There are probably a handful of guys that would play for minimum wage (exaggerating for clarity), but I suspect this is the exception. 

To get the most money teams will look at your entire body of work.

The top players ball out every year. That's why they make the most money.