• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deandre Hopkins is a FA

Seltzer

2 hours ago, csx said:

We wont sniff or win a superbowl  in next 5 years without first contract players balling out. They will not ball out if they don't get to play. 

i concur wholeheartedly. We have way too many kids on this team that we just don't know what we truly have. This year is an evaluation type year. Find out what we have, where we can improve. Then next year put the rest of the pieces together.

I know folks are in a hurry. But his team is not ready for a Hopkins and his 18mil contract. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, csx said:

We wont sniff or win a superbowl  in next 5 years without first contract players balling out. They will not ball out if they don't get to play. 

I don't want them if they only balling out for a contract.

If they good they will ballout out regardless of contract. People need to understand Hopkins is a #1 WR point blank. You want to win games then you sign him. If you think we in a rebuild then let the young guys play. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Gerry Green said:

i concur wholeheartedly. We have way too many kids on this team that we just don't know what we truly have. This year is an evaluation type year. Find out what we have, where we can improve. Then next year put the rest of the pieces together.

I know folks are in a hurry. But his team is not ready for a Hopkins and his 18mil contract. 

Who said Hopkins is getting 18 mil?

People are saying if he comes cheap then we should pursue it. From the looks of it he's not getting 18 mil from any team.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who said Hopkins is getting 18 mil?

People are saying if he comes cheap then we should pursue it. From the looks of it he's not getting 18 mil from any team.

Yeah if he was getting that much he would have already gotten it.  No one has much cap space.  2 years 25 million seems reasonable 

• Pie 1

Just now, toldozer said:

Yeah if he was getting that much he would have already gotten it.  No one has much cap space.  2 years 25 million seems reasonable 

Exactly we have nothing to lose on that kind of deal.

In fact that seems like the perfect deal considering his age. By the end of that contract he will be 33 and we can move on to the younger WR's or go after another big name WR.

18 minutes ago, toldozer said:

16 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Exactly we have nothing to lose on that kind of deal.

In fact that seems like the perfect deal considering his age. By the end of that contract he will be 33 and we can move on to the younger WR's or go after another big name WR.

I'm sorry, and I apologize in advance. But...You guys are nuts. You are letting your heart rule your mind. No way Hops signs a 2 year 25mil contract to play here. He is not taking any discounts. 

I would almost bet he would sit out before he takes a slap in the face money you guys want him to play for.

18 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I'm sorry, and I apologize in advance. But...You guys are nuts. You are letting your heart rule your mind. No way Hops signs a 2 year 25mil contract to play here. He is not taking any discounts. 

I would almost bet he would sit out before he takes a slap in the face money you guys want him to play for.

12.5 mil a year is a slap in the face?

The OBJ deal was a overpay by the Ravens. Im sure Hopkins wants the kind of money, but the market is dried up. He was released after FA and the draft. Much like Cam he has to take the best deal on the table even if it is less than OBJ.

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

12.5 mil a year is a slap in the face?

The OBJ deal was a overpay by the Ravens. Im sure Hopkins wants the kind of money, but the market is dried up. He was released after FA and the draft. Much like Cam he has to take the best deal on the table even if it is less than OBJ.

Same story, different versions. And all are true. 

I just don't see it. Hops coming here for peanuts. I shake my head at that thought.

Now...if by the grace of all that is holy, Hops winds up here. I will be both mad, and happy. Mad we wasted that much money instead of developing our own guys. But happy cuz Bryce has him a new toy.

Are you happy now?

18 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Same story, different versions. And all are true. 

I just don't see it. Hops coming here for peanuts. I shake my head at that thought.

Now...if by the grace of all that is holy, Hops winds up here. I will be both mad, and happy. Mad we wasted that much money instead of developing our own guys. But happy cuz Bryce has him a new toy.

Are you happy now?

Just curious how much are you expecting him to sign for?

this is one deal where I feel all parties need to wait, (until TC.) 

laugh away, but I got the panthers 6 deep with a bryd at 7th. Plus 4-5 TEs that can "wr" a few plays. Not to mention a starting RB who can run routes. It reaches a point where theres only one ball.....then a bunch upset players.

Now if the injury bug hits during TC, this needs to get super serious about signing dhop. What will likly happen, that happens to another and they over-pay for his play this year(or future cap BS).