• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL insider: Brian Burns' extension could be close to Myles Garrett's deal

24 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I thought so too, but when you compare their first 4 seasons it's not too far off.

Peppers: 193 tackles, 40.5 sacks, FF 14, INT 3, PD 23

Burns: 196 tackles, 38 sacks, FF 7, INT 0, PD 11

I know not everything is based on stats, but when I looked it up they are actually very close.  Also year 5 was one of Peppers best seasons

lol he was suspended for 4 games his rookie year, he had mono in his 2nd year and he won dpoy in his 3rd.  Goddamn people

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

lol he was suspended for 4 games his rookie year, he had mono in his 2nd year and he won dpoy in his 3rd.  Goddamn people

I never said I thought he was better than Pep, just comparable from a stat standpoint.  And you're right Burns played 3 more games than Pep and I'm sure he has never played sick in the last 4 years

1 hour ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Smoke Seriously GIF by King of Boys

Looking back at the roster during Peppers first few years with the Panthers there were some names That brought back some pleasant memories. Brentson Buckner, Kris Jenkins, Mke Rucker, Mike Minter, Dan Morgan, Thomas Davis. For a time Kris Jenkins was amazing. 

1 hour ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I really wish they would move away from the defense-first philosophy. Maybe they will with this coaching staff 

I think they're taking a wait and see approach to some extent. For instance, right now we're defense first, dink and dunk on offense. This is operating from the expectation that Young will be a game managing QB, so he needs a lot of help with the run game and top quality defense.

However, if Young comes out and lights it up, and plays beyond current expectations, then we'll see a quick pivot to offense first, budget defense. Then we'll put the ball in the air and try and be a high scoring potent offense like KC. It comes down to Young. Right now he's seen as our game manager. If he comes out and takes games over and elevates the team, then we switch to targeting elite weapons for him. Depends on what happens. 

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

You're right Peppers had 32 TFL and Burns had 43

Anyone attempting to compare Burns to Peppers is either delusional or never actually saw Julius play in his early years. There were many times Peppers was very clearly the best football player on a given field and he simply imposed his will on an opponent with no actual resistance. Tackling Plummer at the 1 and then the 99 yd interception return on the next play as one example...

Stats or no stats, Burns is nowhere near that level right now - no 'hate', he just isn't. Also, Pep played his early years when the I/Pro formations were still offensive staples and power football was en vogue. Burns would be eaten alive in that setting but a young Pep would still fit right in in today's NFL and perhaps be even more dominant.

• Pie 4

42 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Anyone attempting to compare Burns to Peppers is either delusional or never actually saw Julius play in his early years. There were many times Peppers was very clearly the best football player on a given field and he simply imposed his will on an opponent with no actual resistance. Tackling Plummer at the 1 and then the 99 yd interception return on the next play as one example...

Stats or no stats, Burns is nowhere near that level right now - no 'hate', he just isn't. Also, Pep played his early years when the I/Pro formations were still offensive staples and power football was en vogue. Burns would be eaten alive in that setting but a young Pep would still fit right in in today's NFL and perhaps be even more dominant.

I said in my original post that I thought Pep was better, but the stats were surprisingly comparable

7 hours ago, KSpan said:

But but but the stats........