• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Thread. Vegas vs Florida

26 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Really good game tonight.  Somehow Florida squeezed a win out of that game despite all the power plays they gave Vegas.  At least we have a series again.

Mostly watched the Braves huge come back win against the Mets winning on a walkoff home run on the 10th. But did tune in on the Vegas-Panthers game and saw the OT winner. If Panthers take game 4 at home sheetz gonna be on!

Edited by DavidEng

5 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Mostly watched the Braves huge come back win against the Mets winning on a walkoff home run on the 10th. But did tune in on the Vegas-Panthers game and saw the OT winner. If Panthers take game 4 at home sheetz gonna be on!

I would like to see the  Panthers take game 4 at home to keep it going.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 1

The third period of game 3 was as good a hockey period as I've seen in some time. Despite the 23 penalties called during the first 2 periods, the third period looked completely different. Although Vegas thoroughly outplayed Florida (although, you'd never know if listened to the TNT idiots), Florida found a way.

37 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

I just wanted Florida to represent the Eastern Conference well, so far they haven’t and could go down in 5 games. I actually believe the Canes would have done better against a Vegas matchup.

Maybe but to me Vegas seems like a much better version of the kind of hockey Florida plays.  They are both physical and forecheck aggressively but Vegas is just better at it.  That particular style seemed to give the Canes trouble.

It’s unreal how good Vegas is at blocking shots and protecting the net.  If a shot isn’t blocked, they’re bumping guys off the puck as they shoot or getting a stick in there.  They are also pretty skilled offensively and have a good power play.

I really thought the road was paved for us to make it to the finals this year but watching this series I don’t know if we would fare much better than Florida.  Maybe next year will be the one for our guys.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I know they beat you ... and he beat you ... but I don't see how anyone can dislike that tkakakakchuck or whatever his name is. Dude is a baller and straight hockey bad ass. That scrum at the end was wild.

Yep. He's now earned the second highest PIM total in NHL finals history. Another 14 minutes of penalties, almost equal to the amount of ice time he had (16:40).

Fug him. He's a cheap shot player right there with Gudas and Bennett. Fugging Bennett grabbed goalie Adin Hill in a headlock from behind when the horn sounded last night after hill stoned him in front of the net. Tkachuk was hitting guys in the backs of their legs after the final horn last night. In hockey, you wanna fight someone, drop the gloves and fight.

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Yep. He's now earned the second highest PIM total in NHL finals history. Another 14 minutes of penalties, almost equal to the amount of ice time he had (16:40).

Fug him. He's a cheap shot player right there with Gudas and Bennett. Fugging Bennett grabbed goalie Adin Hill in a headlock from behind when the horn sounded last night after hill stoned him in front of the net. Tkachuk was hitting guys in the backs of their legs after the final horn last night. In hockey, you wanna fight someone, drop the gloves and fight.

I just hope someone on Vegas blasts Bennett into oblivion before this series ends