• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WHAT SAY YOU

Bluetooth

Stefon Diggs expressed frustration with Bills quarterback Josh Allen in their season-ending playoff loss.

A big NO THANKS!

Our new QB has to be able to develop as a leader and does not need a diva WR telling him what to do.  The coaches also do not need a diva WR telling them what to do.

Reich has said before that chemistry is important.  Diggs does not Fitt in the house that Frank built.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, DennisM1 said:

But you must admit he is a way better player and actually produces.. "Choosen" (what an idiot) offered nothing of value on the field off the field and damn sure not in the locker room I have him as the worst WR in panther history and yes that's over you know who

still doesnt mean its worth the headache.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think he is likely still a better WR than DeAndre Hopkins. 

But if we were going to go after one of them I'd prefer Hopkins. 

1) Cheaper

2) Don't need to trade additional assets for him

3) Divaaaa

Either one would be the best WR on this team since 89 but even then the team felt it was best for Cams development if 89 wasn't around. 

Ultimately I expect we pass on both for that reason but man... Diggs is starting to show some of those same tendiencies and toxic behaviors that AB did before his divorce from the Steelers and he completely lost his mind.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im tired of getting poo'd for suggesting every #1 WR that becomes available so im just going to fit in with everyone else.

Hard pass. He will limit the growth of our young potential star WR's in TMJ and Mingo.

Chances are very high BY doesnt have us as a SB contender year 1. Winning the NFCS and getting some distance in the playoffs is great but we arent better than SF or Philly and definitely dont measure up to the AFC.

That taken into consideration, DHop and Diggs are different situations. DHop will likely be a 1 year rental and his presence would hurt the development of TMJ and Mingo only if he's here a year and gone. That doesn't help the team long term. 

Diggs is under contract and we have to trade assets for him, and that price won't be cheap in assets and salary cap. We still need to sign Burns, Chinn, Brown. He also wants more input in the offense. Rookie QB doesn't need that. It's part of the issue we had between Cam and Smitty. 

I'd prefer DHop with a more reasonable multi year contract and in that case, I don't care as much about development of TMJ and Mingo, but they do both need to get PT. 

• Pie 1

Love the player and I'm a fan of his, but he's a terrible fit for Bryce's rookie season.

I'm very much against Hopkins because of how much it would hinder the development of TMJ and Mingo, but I'd take Hopkins 100 times out of 100 over Diggs because of how much I think he would hinder the development of Bryce.

He needs to be on a team with an already established vet QB as well as being the undisputed focal point of the offense, neither of which would be the case with our team this year.

If we were going into Bryce's 3rd season and he was already the established leader and definitive voice in the locker room it would be a different scenario.  But this season is about laying that foundation the next decade of Panther football is to be built upon, and bringing in someone who throws a fit when their legitimate MVP candidate QB isn't getting him the ball often enough doesn't jive with that.

Especially when that player who wasn't getting the ball enough for his liking had 108 catches, 1,429 yards, and 11 TDs.

I mean, c'mon, how much more do you want the ball thrown to you?

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im tired of getting poo'd for suggesting every #1 WR that becomes available so im just going to fit in with everyone else.

Hard pass. He will limit the growth of our young potential star WR's in TMJ and Mingo.

Sorry, had to do it even thought I’m 100% agree with you.  Poop me back, bro.

10 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Love the player and I'm a fan of his, but he's a terrible fit for Bryce's rookie season.

This is all you had to post.

Instead you went on a "diva like" rant about how you rather have Hopkins, but I could have sworn you said you didn't want him either. But now since it's a bigger diva in Diggs you rather have the lesser diva Hopkins even if Diggs is more productive.smh

tukadiva21 cmon my guy.