• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Deangelo

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

TDA was a league worst -15.1 defensive goals above replacement in Philly last year. For all intent & purpose, a skating slalom. Imagine what Aho did to him last season and add 10 more of those. That's how bad he was.

Think of the money Chatfield will get if he survives a season covering TDA fug-ups.

Oh, and I'm in the camp this has nothing to do with Pesce. It's to fill the spot Ghost is leaving.

I’ve come to the terrible terms that I’m not sure Chatfield will be back after this year. For my money, he’s the best third pairing defenseman in the league and would slot in the top four on a ton of teams.

It sucks but this is what happens when your team develops defensemen as good as the Canes do.

Pesce was still good last year, but he was either injured the second half of the season and playoffs or he has hit the wall.  He wasn't nearly as good as he's been in past seasons, and I am sure the Canes are taking that into account.

He is only 28 though, so it will still take a nice contract to get him signed.  I hope he's back and at 100% if we go that route.

DeAngelo doesn't need to play for a coach like Torts and needs to be a 3rd pairing and QB PP2.  He isn't as bad as he was in Philly last year, but he still is a defensive liability.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

Pesce was still good last year, but he was either injured the second half of the season and playoffs or he has hit the wall.  He wasn't nearly as good as he's been in past seasons, and I am sure the Canes are taking that into account.

He is only 28 though, so it will still take a nice contract to get him signed.  I hope he's back and at 100% if we go that route.

DeAngelo doesn't need to play for a coach like Torts and needs to be a 3rd pairing and QB PP2.  He isn't as bad as he was in Philly last year, but he still is a defensive liability.

Great point here, Torts and TDA were a match made in hell. TDA isn’t great defensively but he isn’t near as bad as he was last year.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It looks like the snag is that this deal is going to part of like a three or four team deal and one the deals includes Torey Krug going to Philly, the problem is he won’t waive his NTC for Philly.

Oof, we gotta figure out an alternative than most likely.

I'm trying to think how we would have to play TDA to compensate for his defense. Maybe pair him with chatfield and play the Stall line with him.

I would also be curious to see him on PP1 with Burns (in games we are losing and get a PP). I know they are similar roles on the power Play, but an extra playmaker could be super helpful 

• Pie 1