• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Signing LaMelo Ball to Max Extension

Just now, Shocker said:

The fuggin people on this board.  Lamelo is worth every cent of a max deal for this franchise.  I find it amazing we were able to get him to resign here.  

Exactly! This offer was expected, the concern was if he would take it or not.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Lamelo is a superstar.  We gotta get talented enough to get this guy in the playoffs.  Will be so fun to see him on that stage.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

LOL…and is 22 yrs old.  So stoked he resigned here

I can answer the question for everyone. Not many currently playing or ever have played that have put up what Lamelo Ball did at 22.

7 players in the history of the NBA have averaged 25, 8 and 6 a game for a season. 

That goes up a few players at 23, 8 and 6 but not many. Even fewer that have done it before turning 25. To not want him here, it's crazy. 

The Hornets need an on the court leader badly.  I really don’t know who that vet is but Kup needs to find that guy.  This team just needs to figure out how to win and the current coach isn’t that leader IMO

The young talent here is very high level

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Shocker said:

The Hornets need an on the court leader badly.  I really don’t know who that vet is but Kup needs to find that guy.  This team just needs to figure out how to win and the current coach isn’t that leader IMO

The young talent here is very high level

They need to replace Clifford as well. 

• Pie 4

Firing another coach after 1 year definitely isnt the call. We already have a hard enough time finding someone to coach this team, maybe we shouldnt fire every single coach after a bad season that was mostly out of his control.

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Agree but with who. We couldn't find any one to take the job last time.  Maybe that changes once mj is gone

MJ having less influence, Melo locked down for 5 years, and drafting Miller should make it more attractive IMO.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Fair enough, I just read through the morning headlines and it seems he was getting the max deserved or not.  Just crazy to me he is going to be getting 50 million per and they havent won poo yet with him.  Sure he is young but his production is getting wins. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Fair enough, I just read through the morning headlines and it seems he was getting the max deserved or not.  Just crazy to me he is going to be getting 50 million per and they havent won poo yet with him.  Sure he is young but his production is getting wins. 

He’s still super young and the hope is his game gets more polished as he matures as a player.  Also he needs to stay healthy.

But the talent is undeniable and it’s not every day this franchise gets a player of his caliber.  You can pick in the top 3 for years and not hit on a player like him.

Its a bit risky to build around him because of the missed time, but I don’t really see how moving on from Lamelo would be a better option for this team at this juncture.

With everyone healthy this is a team that could make the playoffs.  And the core of the roster is so young that they could improve significantly over the next couple seasons.  Maybe we can get a good coach too.