• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Charlotte Hornets Summer League

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Whole team looks like trash but Miller isn't separating himself from anyone either. If he wasn't the 2nd overall pick he just looks like an npc jag standing around, playing below average defense

Miller is definitely NOT showing up as the best player on the court...not even in the top 3. He has had a half of one quarter out of 8 where he looked competetive. 

There are other intangibles that are showing up as concerns for me. He was sulking after his and 1 make. He is show a lack of hustle, physical traits and has not shown me anything close to mental toughness. 

One positive is his playmaking ability off of the pick and roll. Thats it so far. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

For sure. The announcers even questioned his motor.

The game vs Wemby will tell us a lot moving forward. 

Saying that his best game of college was after the off court stuff and the crowd booing him calling him names he dropped a career high 41. That game is what sold me on him. Hopefully we see that kind of performance Friday vs Wemby.

It might be totally fine.  He is very young and the talent is there.  Once the light goes on he could still dominate but wish he had it already.  It’s worrisome atp 

3 minutes ago, TANTRIC-NINJA said:

Miller is definitely NOT showing up as the best player on the court...not even in the top 3. He has had a half of one quarter out of 8 where he looked competetive. 

There are other intangibles that are showing up as concerns for me. He was sulking after his and 1 make. He is show a lack of hustle, physical traits and has not shown me anything close to mental toughness. 

One positive is his playmaking ability off of the pick and roll. Thats it so far. 

Yeah the body language is off to a bad start. If Scoot balls out this week it's gonna get ugly in the media/social media

Well, this is the last summer league game I'll watch. These guys are mostly selfish, taking terrible shots, and playing with little to no effort. Bouknight needs to be left on the bench, if not cut or traded for peanuts. Kai Jones is still very raw. Hopefully he can improve. Smith Jr is selfish and not much of a PG at all. Miller has been the best playmaker of the floor for the Hornets and he isn't great at that and is way too passive. A top 3 pick should be aggressive and that hasn't been him so far.

• Beer 1

Just now, App Panther said:

I thought it would take half the regular season to be upset over the Miller pick, but here we are in the lowly SL and he's already confirming most of our fears. He's is not the guy, he just isn't. 

Relax, it’s been two summer league games.

I shouldn’t have to say this every year but here we are. Sean May won summer league MVP for the Bobcats in his rookie year, we saw how that turned out.

Let Miller complete his first season before jumping off a cliff.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Just way too timid from Miller meanwhile Nick Smith thinks he’s AI.

Hopefully he’ll get more comfortable as he gets accustomed to his teammates and the NBA.

As we saw last game, the talent is there.

I am very discouraged with Nick Smith so far.  I think he has some game offensively and hasn’t played much ball the last year but damn he is nonexistent defensively and isn’t showing much as a distributor either

49 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

Kai Jones is pretty bad to be in the league for 2 years now. He looks so awkward with the ball besides his occasional highlight dunk or block. I think he gets cut or traded along with Bouk

He has zero basketball IQ.  He has had time to develop whether it be through coaching or work but he isn’t going anywhere.  It’s just street ball for him and that might not change

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, App Panther said:

I thought it would take half the regular season to be upset over the Miller pick, but here we are in the lowly SL and he's already confirming most of our fears. He's is not the guy, he just isn't. 

You can't help yourself can you?

Man hasn't even played an NBA game yet and you're all doom and gloom.smh

Can we judge him after his rookie season please?

24 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah the body language is off to a bad start. If Scoot balls out this week it's gonna get ugly in the media/social media

Scoot will win on the effort front.  Forget it.  That argument is over.  He has heart and a dog mentality that can’t be taught.  He might not shoot well but his mental approach is awesome.  We passed and that will end up being a mistake.  I said that ever since we got #2.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Well, this is the last summer league game I'll watch. These guys are mostly selfish, taking terrible shots, and playing with little to no effort. Bouknight needs to be left on the bench, if not cut or traded for peanuts. Kai Jones is still very raw. Hopefully he can improve. Smith Jr is selfish and not much of a PG at all. Miller has been the best playmaker of the floor for the Hornets and he isn't great at that and is way too passive. A top 3 pick should be aggressive and that hasn't been him so far.

Yeah looks like a 3 and no D kinda guy. Soft in the paint on both sides of the court. I wonder if he gained back any of the 13 pounds he lost when he got mono in the spring

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You can't help yourself can you?

Man hasn't even played an NBA game yet and you're all doom and gloom.smh

Can we judge him after his rookie season please?

Enjoy defending him all year. 

Edited by App Panther

13 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah looks like a 3 and no D kinda guy. Soft in the paint on both sides of the court. I wonder if he gained back any of the 13 pounds he lost when he got mono in the spring

Not all of it, that's why I'm not worried right now. He was still down on weight in his two workouts with the Hornets 

Edit to add this.  I got mono in my early twenties and I was down and sluggish and down weight for about 4 months. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1