• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bring BOA Back to Life

chknwing

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I lived in CLT for 18 years. I stand by my statement. People are also moving in droves to Texas btw.

Two things can be true at once. People are moving in droves to Texas, but not from NC, mostly from Cali and other points west. Charlotte is still growing rapidly, as evidenced by the breakneck pace of continued development. Your subjective opinion is you don't care for it, that's fine, move somewhere you do like, which sounds like you did. The evidence does not support the notion most people agree with you about Charlotte however.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The supporter sections for any pro soccer/futbol match blows away any other sport in terms of fan noise and pride. I'd expect nothing less from Charlotte's supporter sections.

Not just supporter section. The whole stadium has a great vibe

19 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

You been playing too much TOTK

Freaking FANTASTIC game.  Im 42, and don't really game much at all anymore, but I have been playing the poo out of TOTK whenever I can.  I just got all 5 sages and am now on the hunt for the Master Sword.  Then its off to defeat that dastardly Gannondorf once and for all (or at least until the next Zelda game)!

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Two things can be true at once. People are moving in droves to Texas, but not from NC, mostly from Cali and other points west. Charlotte is still growing rapidly, as evidenced by the breakneck pace of continued development. Your subjective opinion is you don't care for it, that's fine, move somewhere you do like, which sounds like you did. The evidence does not support the notion most people agree with you about Charlotte however.

Having grown up and lived in Charlotte for 30 something years, and now living in Texas, I can say for 100% surety that Charlotte is WAYYYYYYYYY better.  Texas sucks. 

13 minutes ago, joemac said:

Having grown up and lived in Charlotte for 30 something years, and now living in Texas, I can say for 100% surety that Charlotte is WAYYYYYYYYY better.  Texas sucks. 

This has to be a joke?

Only thing sucks about Texas is the weather. They get monster tornadoes and the humidity is probably the worst in the country. Other than that they have more to offer than Charlotte.

You also get twice the house as you would in NC. A million dollar mansion in Charlotte would be 500k in Texas.

If you want the best bang for your buck as far as housing it doesn't get much better than Texas. Las Vegas is also a good market for housing.

1 hour ago, UnluckyforSome said:

Everyone loves a winner and the team hasn't been a winner for a good long while now.

The whole gosh dangit small market Mayberry thing isn't accurate anymore. It may have been back when there wasn't a team logo on the field, back when old man Richardson had his row of white rocking chairs out there on Sunday morning, and fans could enjoy some relaxing times and sweet tea before the game, which was an actual thing, but that is in the past.

5 win seasons after 5 win seasons after 5 win seasons, and so on, makes a lot of people stay home.

While we aren't a "small market", we were an expansion team, and if you weren't into the NFL and/or were born prior to the 90's you have little to no attachment to the NFL or the Panthers.

My parents for example, had the Panthers been around when I was growing up, I bet we would have gone to games, and my Dad and Mom may have been fans....but thats not the case, we simply had no attachment at all to the NFL, and my parents still aren't fans.

There is some "legacy" issues still, but we are working on that.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This has to be a joke?

Only thing sucks about Texas is the weather. They get monster tornadoes and the humidity is probably the worst in the country. Other than that they have more to offer than Charlotte.

You also get twice the house as you would in NC. A million dollar mansion in Charlotte would be 500k in Texas.

If you want the best bang for your buck as far as housing it doesn't get much better than Texas. Las Vegas is also a good market for housing.

Not a joke.  Texas fuging sucks. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

While we aren't a "small market", we were an expansion team, and if you weren't into the NFL and/or were born prior to the 90's you have little to no attachment to the NFL or the Panthers.

My parents for example, had the Panthers been around when I was growing up, I bet we would have gone to games, and my Dad and Mom may have been fans....but thats not the case, we simply had no attachment at all to the NFL, and my parents still aren't fans.

There is some "legacy" issues still, but we are working on that.

Agreed, to a certain extent. There were 3 teams that competed for fans here pre-1995. Redskins, Cowboys and Steelers. Redskins are irrelevant in a number of ways and are not a factor. There's been some migration that has brought in some Ohio fans and NY fans, especially western NY. I think that hits all teams though as people move back and forth, and some take their teams with them, some don't, and some go half and half. 

The Mayberry excuse is a little played out now, and is a bit insulting. If the team starts winning again, the fans come back, even if some of those fans are still secretly ashamedly Cowboy fans too.

"Aw shucks what it twas, was football."

17 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Umm fan support depends on the actual fans in Charlotte. Most fans in Charlotte seems to be fans of other teams. At least my experience going to the games. I never seen a full Panthers crowd in my time at BOA.

Sadly there is no chance we get a full Panthers crowd at BOA any time in the near future.

NFCC 2015. we played one of maybe 3 teams that doesnt have a national fan base, if you were there you saw the ENTIRE stadium full and it was easily 95% + panther fans.... the further we get from that game the more it seems like a dream but man, on that night, BOA was alive.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, RenoCarolina said:

I pied this but really think this is the best and most economical way to show support.  I can't get to every game and give a lot of credit to those that can and the original PSL'ers.  

I'm not a big drinker or partier so I do have some issues with Roaring Riot but the original premise that Zack and friends started is still golden.  Even if I don't attend the parties or tailgates I support "changing the culture".  A strong Roaring Riot only benefits the game day experience so I re-up every year.  Of course winning will change things also but as cheesy as a fan club may seem there was nothing like marching into the stadium "en masse" in Jacksonville on one trip.  Or marching and singing through the streets of London years ago.  Still gives me chills.  

Kudos to @chknwing for bringing this topic up but would like to hear tangible solutions to how a normal fan can help bring boa back to life and I still think @RoaringRiot is a great way to contribute individually.

Someone has to bring the fans together, I cannt... Far as the frat parties side of the trips, I get that most traveler love to booze it up and "___". If you are more in the family mode, just dont allow the bar scene side. Come game day we meet up and go cheer the best team in the NFL!!

I agree, me watching that jacksonville video was a big reason I wanted to be a member. Before that the young panther fans didnt have that strong travel force. It was past time, i get soooo sick seeing steelers, dallas, etc in ANY staduim on any game. I mean green bay travels GREAT, but that have like 50+ years on the panthers. Just nice to have 30-80% panthers fan during any game. Best time to see the fans is 4th and games over....those front running fans are beating traffic. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Not a joke.  Texas fuging sucks. 

Bro Im there right now........only thing that sucks is the heat. The women are top self and super giving.... I owned 6th street austin for 9.5 days, it was non-stop blondes getting wasted and dancing and ...... Its not what I thought, like a nashville ++

Currently in San Ant, charles was right and right and wrong about the "big ole women" .... slower pace, but still got the fun stuff and lots of things for families... These woman at least care to get my name🤣

21 hours ago, chknwing said:

This offseason has been exciting but now its time to turn the focus to the game day experience.  If you have been to a game in the past few years, it's bad.  Very bad.  The most exciting part has been the mixed reality Panther.  The music choices are questionable and alot of times kill the vibe.  The food is still ok.  Why is it so hard to get decent nachos?  Outside the stadium, there is hardly anything going on pregame, unless you want your face painted.

I did not knew how terrible Panthers game day experience was until I attended Hurricanes game for the first time.  Tepper could get few ideas from the hurricanes.  The atmosphere at hurricanes games is just energetic.  The place was nuts and jumping.  You can just feel it in your soul. 

• Pie 1