• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns ranked #7 edge rusher in league by NFL execs, coaches, and scouts

thunderraiden

38 minutes ago, Rags said:

Okay.

Three words: Could be better.

Question: What does constantly bringing up his weakness against the run really add? What breaking football analysis is this?

That's

that's literally the reason the Bears traded Greg bro

Describe Greg Olsen in one word in pass pro.

I mean, that is half of his job.   Why would that be off limits.  It would be like saying lets not talk about Cam the passer because of how insane he is at other stuff late in his career. 

The Bears traded Olsen because Mike Martz didn't utilize the TE in his scheme.   For a receiving TE, Greg Olsen was solid vs the run and in pass pro.  He was an iron man in his prime.   Never came off the field.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Iamhubby is his past account.  Tells you all you need to know.  

I knew it was him. He takes everything personally and literally flipped out before. Strange bird that talks about positivity but posts in every thread about haters even when no one has said anything bad. He can’t let things go, just odd. He does invite fights and he does take a message board and the team way too seriously.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, that is half of his job.   Why would that be off limits.  It would be like saying lets not talking about Cam the passer because of how insane he is at other stuff late in his career. 

The Bears traded Olsen because Mike Martz didn't utilize the TE in his scheme.   For a receiving TE, Greg Olsen was solid vs the run and in pass pro.  He was an iron man in his prime.   Never came off the field.   

Yep, Martz doesn’t use TEs, the trade had nothing to do with Greg’s play.

40 minutes ago, Rags said:

Okay.

Three words: Could be better.

Question: What does constantly bringing up his weakness against the run really add? What breaking football analysis is this?

That's

that's literally the reason the Bears traded Greg bro

Describe Greg Olsen in one word in pass pro.

Defending the run is a pretty important thing for an every-down player; TE pass protection is way down the list in terms of positional importance in today's NFL. Using Olsen, or any player of that mold, as a pass blocker is a complete waste, while Bruns could have to defend the run on any given down and in run-first situations.

Greg was also a poor run blocker, but that was of minimal importance to his role with Carolina using Tolbert (who was equally useless as a blocker at the end of his time here), Hartsock, Brockel, Mahertz, etc throughout his tenure to be the blocker. Much harder to hide an every-down defender like that.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean, I don't think you read.  Again, Brian Burns is one of the top pass rushers in the NFL.

Describe Burns vs the run.  I'll give you a second shot.  Share the actual reality.   I mean, that is a pretty massive part of the overall job to ignore if you aren't just coming in on passing downs. 

this might be hard for you to comprehend, but you can actually honestly evaluate a player and it doesn't mean you think he is trash because he has flaws.   There aren't many that don't.   

Speaking of not omprehending. You can knock Burns' run 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean, I don't think you read.  Again, Brian Burns is one of the top pass rushers in the NFL.

Describe Burns vs the run.  I'll give you a second shot.  Share the actual reality.   I mean, that is a pretty massive part of the overall job to ignore if you aren't just coming in on passing downs. 

this might be hard for you to comprehend, but you can actually honestly evaluate a player and it doesn't mean you think he is trash because he has flaws.   There aren't many that don't.   

You can knock Burns' run D til the cows come home. The fact is, he's rated #7 by Execs, coaches, and players. 

You say everyone has flaws. Yet you harp on Burns' for what reason?

And as for his run D? Decent.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

You can knock Burns' run D til the cows come home. The fact is, he's rated #7 by Execs, coaches, and players. 

People want the perfect player. I swear some of these people live in fantasy land.

I hate to see the reactions after he's our highest paid player on the team.lmao

• Poo 2

8 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

When they ranked him 5th do you think they had it right then?

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

People want the perfect player. I swear some of these people live in fantasy land.

I hate to see the reactions after he's our highest paid player on the team.lmao

No matter what his contract comes out to be. Some of these...ppl will lose their cool. The he ain't worth that and should have traded him crowd will be in fits for weeks. 

Yupperz. This place is a trip.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I know im not too happy with his wiiiiiiiiiddde right moves on QBs, but guess what, I got no clue if that was what his job was for that play. besides hes got super speed and those OT have issues with it. Not every 250 man can hold a edge against those protein fuled 340 manbeast... burns was not a great 4-3 fit, blame the team for that.....3-4 looking like a winner, just got to show the work. 

If he were still in a 4-3, id beggg him to do some grip strength stuff, but a LB/OLB/DE/0.99 agent knows better than I given the new defense. His speed looks non-human on the twitter/SM stuff. 

1. He's been played out of position, the majority of his career. He's not a de by size or skill set. 

2. With pass rushers/edge players, most coaches ask them to hold their run gap during their pass rush. Not be a consistent run defender.  Hold the gap and push it inside or way outside but pass rush is more important.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

1. He's been played out of position, the majority of his career. He's not a de by size or skill set. 

2. With pass rushers/edge players, most coaches ask them to hold their run gap during their pass rush. Not be a consistent run defender.  Hold the gap and push it inside or way outside but pass rush is more important.  

Stop it, you are going to confusein the "im right" crew....

• Pie 1