• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have made an offer...

TheCasillas

31 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I agree.

Im just saying not every player has that support system that Brady had.

Most of these players don't have endorsements and other income to fall back on. Some players just play football and that's all they have. At the end of the day they have to make the most money they can. Not everyone has a career after football. These guys use that money to live the rest of their lives. Some still go broke sadly.

Zero people have said that Burns should take less or should not get as much as he can. That is an entirely separate thing from people discussing the potential value of his skillset relative to the league. You have lost the plot a bit here.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 2

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Oh so you like to troll people and call them overpaid and hide behind a computer.

Makes sense.

Some people are adults. I don't spend my days hating on other people. But I get some people are just miserable so they find joy in talking down on other successful people. Do you if that's what makes you happy.

SMH. Even if I believe your story, good to know you lucked out getting hurt at work. That said, you don’t read well. Did you see me complain about overpayment? No, I said it was within that guy’s right to say “we” because he, like anyone who watches and NFL game or buys a jersey does, was in fact part of the group of people who funnel money to NFL owners to write checks. Lol, do you see me trolling Burns? Nope. I mean I just said Burns DGAF about the guy complaining about paying him or you defending him. 

I know there are several forum about Brian Burns and his contract. I’ve been researching and taking in other DE contracts. Compared to others I’d just give y’all ideals of a possible contract.

IMO

24.5M/yr

4 year contract: 24.5x4=$98M
5 year contract: 24.5x5=$122.5M

IMO 

Guaranteed:$72M on 4yr deal

Guaranteed:$90M on 5yr deal

7 hours ago, razorwolf said:

I know there are several forum about Brian Burns and his contract. I’ve been researching and taking in other DE contracts. Compared to others I’d just give y’all ideals of a possible contract.

IMO

24.5M/yr

4 year contract: 24.5x4=$98M
5 year contract: 24.5x5=$122.5M

IMO 

Guaranteed:$72M on 4yr deal

Guaranteed:$90M on 5yr deal

Yuck. No way in hell is Burns worth almost 25 mil per. 

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Yeah, it would be totally worth having zero pass rush.  

And this, folks, is an example of, you can't fix stupid. 

It is entirely possible to discuss a player's perceived value relative to makret without automatically leaping to the conclusion that someone is also condoning "having zero pass rush". The stupid that needs to be fixed in this thread, ones like it, and in a lot of discussions outside of here isn't what you seem to think it is.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 3

11 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I agree.

Im just saying not every player has that support system that Brady had.

Most of these players don't have endorsements and other income to fall back on. Some players just play football and that's all they have. At the end of the day they have to make the most money they can. Not everyone has a career after football. These guys use that money to live the rest of their lives. Some still go broke sadly.

It is rather shocking how many players wind up broke a few years after they hang up their cleats. 

We hear about the big names (and some of them manage to go broke later in life), but the average NFL player whose career statistically lasts about 3 years is a different story.  Some have other things they can fall back on, most don't and become guys who go from day to day like everybody else, just with a windfall up front that isn't going to put them on easy street. 

I guess it is about like the track record of lottery winners.  They suddenly have friends that they didn't know they had, and most don't realize almost any sum of money can be "managed" to $0. 

Sounds like you thought that through in your situation.  I'd venture to say most people would get that sum and go on a spending spree, not realizing that while it can last your lifetime, between economic ups and downs and a lot of other IFs, it is not a safe bet. 

My only concern about what players make is how it counts against the cap.  Like everybody else, there are some that I don't think are worth the money, but that is between them and their team.  I don't begrudge them of it at all. 

Hell, I'm not sure I am worth what they pay me, until something happens and I suddenly am.  But I am not giving any of the money back, either!

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Yeah, it would be totally worth having zero pass rush.  

And this, folks, is an example of, you can't fix stupid. 

Did I say that? I am just saying Burns isn’t worth 25 million a year. Which is true. I never said I was condoning have zero pass rush. 
Maybe don’t makes assumptions because it makes you look like an ass. 

27 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Read the last two pages of this thread and you suddenly realize why there's only 17 ppl on the whole Huddle. 

Pretty soon this place will go the way of the Observer forum. 

The inmates are now running the show. Prepare for the end.

Pre-season populace are the ones who come here to argue with someone. It’s their “high”

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Pre-season populace are the ones who come here to argue with someone. It’s their “high”

I'm sorry, but it's not just the visitors who are creating havoc. And I don't remember the summer traffic ever being this slow. People are just tired of the snarky azz negativity. 

The insults and snark are what brought down the Observer forum. And it is happening here as we speak.

Just look at the bottom of the front page. It used to be filled with names of folks visiting. Nowadays? The list is really really short. It's a harbinger of things to come.

17 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Did I say that? I am just saying Burns isn’t worth 25 million a year. Which is true. I never said I was condoning have zero pass rush. 
Maybe don’t makes assumptions because it makes you look like an ass. 

What's the use of having a rookie QB on the cheap if you aren't going to pay your best players? Or do you plan on using it in FA and letting all our home-grown talent walk? I think most folks would prefer the former. 

7 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I'm sorry, but it's not just the visitors who are creating havoc. And I don't remember the summer traffic ever being this slow. People are just tired of the snarky azz negativity. 

The insults and snark are what brought down the Observer forum. And it is happening here as we speak.

Just look at the bottom of the front page. It used to be filled with names of folks visiting. Nowadays? The list is really really short. It's a harbinger of things to come.

It would also help if alternate viewpoints were met with things other than 'are you even a fan/you must be miserable/why are you here if you don't support hte team' etc. Plenty of snark all around.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2