• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Quarterback"...the Netflix film

ladypanther

I'm a few episodes in, it's definitely a decent watch - and I don't usually like stuff like this unless it's Panther related.

my biggest take away is Mahomes, obviously all eyes should be on him - his every move. the guy is arguably the greatest to ever do it and he's only just begun. Mahomes is a very vocal leader, inspiring, lots of joking, complimenting, hyping up. the biggest thing he does is work with his childhood trainer. they work on some really interesting and simple, yet genius ways to keep his body flexible and durable.

I pray to Sam Mills that Bryce Young watches this show and focuses on those two aspects of Mahomes game. Bryce needs to be a vocal, edgy leader and I haven't seen that side of him. Bryce also needs to take care of his body and do similar resistance and endurance training like he does. No QB is safe from these defenders.

also, does anyone know if Bryce played any baseball? I have a theory on successful NFL QB's and one of my main boxes that needs to be checked is former baseball experience. Especially shortstop. The traits you develop from being a short stop aren't teachable or coachable and have major, and unique upside.

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Felt bad for Mariota.  Seems like a nice guy.

I really wish fans would have some perspective before heaping scorn on guys like this.  A Jay Cutler type who clearly doesn't give a fug and is just stealing a paycheck? Sure, but a lot of guys like Mariotta are good people working their tails off and guilty only of not being better than a dozen or two of their peers at what they do.

The worst starting qb in the NFL every year is the 32nd best qb in the world out of thousands upon thousands.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Just strange that they picked two super middle of the road vets, I guess they can only get QB's that want to deal with being filmed all season long. No one ever wants to do Hard Knocks 

I suspect the only reason Mahomes did it is his wife, she’s a massive attention whore.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I'm a few episodes in, it's definitely a decent watch - and I don't usually like stuff like this unless it's Panther related.

my biggest take away is Mahomes, obviously all eyes should be on him - his every move. the guy is arguably the greatest to ever do it and he's only just begun. Mahomes is a very vocal leader, inspiring, lots of joking, complimenting, hyping up. the biggest thing he does is work with his childhood trainer. they work on some really interesting and simple, yet genius ways to keep his body flexible and durable.

I pray to Sam Mills that Bryce Young watches this show and focuses on those two aspects of Mahomes game. Bryce needs to be a vocal, edgy leader and I haven't seen that side of him. Bryce also needs to take care of his body and do similar resistance and endurance training like he does. No QB is safe from these defenders.

also, does anyone know if Bryce played any baseball? I have a theory on successful NFL QB's and one of my main boxes that needs to be checked is former baseball experience. Especially shortstop. The traits you develop from being a short stop aren't teachable or coachable and have major, and unique upside.

Yeah let's see if we can get Young in some college baseball games. Technically doesn't he still have eligibility if it's a whole different sport?😛

18 minutes ago, GOAT said:

the biggest thing he does is work with his childhood trainer. they work on some really interesting and simple, yet genius ways to keep his body flexible and durable.

I remember Reggie Bush after a few seasons of getting hurt did some weird offseason training to become more flexible and durable. He didnt last the season. 

Injuries are fluke. 

2 hours ago, SazmoRanger said:

I’m kind of surprised by some of these takes. I binged watched it in two days and thought it was great. The Mariotta part wasn’t the greatest, but I actually loved watching the Mahomes and Cousins parts. I like seeing the difference in one QB who basically has unbelievable God given talent versus a guy who has many flaws. Both of which work their butt off and it shows in their play. Mahomes is everything you want in a QB from athletic gifts to work ethic. Cousins wasn’t given the gifts of Mahomes or most QBs in the league, but the dude is unbelievably committed to his craft. 

i also loved Cousins explaining the 4th down play against the Giants. It’s easy for us fans to get mad because he threw the ball behind the line of scrimmage, but when he goes through the play and talks about how fast you have to make a decision, it makes sense. 

I love football in general and not just the Panthers so I thought it was a really really good watch. 

Agreed it was a good watch for what it was and who they chose as QBs to follow around. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Agree with you re: QBs and baseball. Playing PG can help too. Especially when throwing to TEs or RBs slipping out of the backfield. 

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

He really does need to learn how to slide if he's going to run at all. I feel like that's why Corral was getting blasting for size concerns but no one really brought up Bryce diving head first after pretty much every QB run in college.