• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday Panthers Practice - Pads go on today!

Zod

Any one else in SE North Carolina that uses OTA television getting concerned about the transmitter tower work that has effectively removed our local Fox affiliate from the air ?  This is work that was supposed to improve the signal and was supposed to be done by now.

WILMINGTON, N.C. (WSFX) – Repair work being performed at WSFX’s transmitter site could impact our over-the-air signal this week.
Crews will begin the work late Monday night. They will work to complete the repairs as quickly as possible to limit viewer interruption.
The repairs are necessary due to damage to the antenna caused during Hurricane Florence in 2018.
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

don't know about that.  Who we got playing G right now? probably down to 3rd stringers starting right?  Think we got some injuries there. 

On the O-line? 4 of the starting 5 from last year are still injury free *knock on wood* and Cade has been filling in at RG. 

I think you’re thinking of last week when they were shuffling some of the line ups to see what they had depth wise (according to Reich). 

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Think pads will make a big difference in the time clock Young has to work with.   I know they can't touch him regardless but it still changes things. 

The OL can be an OL now. They were only going through the motions before. This is an annual camp dynamic 

4 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

On the O-line? 4 of the starting 5 from last year are still injury free *knock on wood* and Cade has been filling in at RG. 

I think you’re thinking of last week when they were shuffling some of the line ups to see what they had depth wise (according to Reich). 

yeah, I'm talking about that G spot w/ Cade.  How he holds up vs Brown and company for Bryce.  Pads take it up a big notch.    Good to see it either way. 

8 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Any one else in SE North Carolina that uses OTA television getting concerned about the transmitter tower work that has effectively removed our local Fox affiliate from the air ?  This is work that was supposed to improve the signal and was supposed to be done by now.

WILMINGTON, N.C. (WSFX) – Repair work being performed at WSFX’s transmitter site could impact our over-the-air signal this week.
Crews will begin the work late Monday night. They will work to complete the repairs as quickly as possible to limit viewer interruption.
The repairs are necessary due to damage to the antenna caused during Hurricane Florence in 2018.

I do not miss living down there.

They don't have Canes on the local channels, nor the Hornets. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, I'm talking about that G spot w/ Cade.  How he holds up vs Brown and company for Bryce.  Pads take it up a big notch.    Good to see it either way. 

I feel like Cade will be fine and that they’re probably gonna intentionally toss a lot of double teams at DB to simulate what he’ll likely get in a real game scenario. I’m honestly more interested on how things go whenever Zavala gets off PUP which I hope is this week. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, csx said:

Interesting about McCall..that's exactly what I'd hoped for. If he's solid enough to take NT from from Tuttle then that's is a pretty stout front. 

Though I'm not sure about Mike Kaye.

I like him in this D, need to see live action before he named starter.....

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I kind of wish they had these practices at night. It has to be hell for these players practicing in this heat. This has been the hottest summer on record. Sucks for them but I understand that football you must be prepared to play in any conditions.

yeah, some years it really works to our advantage.  Not so much this year.  But it's great to get some northern team to come to BOA early in the year.   would have been great to open up at home vs Chicago or GB for example. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I kind of wish they had these practices at night. It has to be hell for these players practicing in this heat. This has been the hottest summer on record. Sucks for them but I understand that football you must be prepared to play in any conditions.

their post practice recovery routine and sleep schedule would be fuged if they did it at night. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Got to get ready for the start of the season, its still hot then too.... These south guys, its normal ball weather.